Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$155
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$141
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$159
QualityInn
Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$190
Bar Harbor Grand Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$184
Atlantic Eyrie Lodge(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$153
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$250
The Colony on Frenchman's Bay(Hulls Cove)(Great Value!)
US$147
  • Pool
Bluenose Inn - A Bar Harbor Hotel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$152
Highbrook Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$134
1,274 results
All reviewsnew buildingmain buildingatlantic buildingindoor poolnature cruiseocean viewseveral buildingscontinental breakfastacadia national parkoff seasonfrenchman bayhot tubprivate balconyin townfirst floorthe staff was friendly and helpfulbagels
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at Atlantic Oceanside 4 nights in mid-July 2014. We had no reservation at check-in and were seeking an ocean view balcony room. We got room 821 in the Willows, an older building closest to the ocean. The view and balcony were superb. The room was average with one significant problem being the roll up blinds which worked but only just barely. The room rate was less than half of what we were quoted at the Bar Harbor Inn. This was in our view an extraordinary value.

Room Tip: An ocean view room in the Willows has a great view of the water. There is no elevator so lugging bags could be an issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Greetings Juddray,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor, I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed the beautiful views from our balconies. I do apologize for the inconvenience with the blinds and wanted you to know that I have asked our team to make sure that they are working properly.

I hope that you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

On our road trip vacation, without a reservation, and on our way across the state of New York from Canada my wife got on her smartphone and found this hotel. Having not been to Bar Harbor previously we just knew that we wanted to be close to Acadia National Park, if possible. We were also specifically looking for a room on the water with a separate bedroom suite for our 17-year old, and this hotel fit all of those requirements. We stayed in the building adjacent to the outdoor pool, and had a patio with a great view of the water. We sat outside one evening and watched the boats come in. Beautiful. From checking the website after returning from our trip, I realized that we paid much more for the room that we probably should have had we checked different travel sites for discounts, but that was our fault for waiting until the last minute. My son pronounced his separate room and bed "perfect."

The included breakfast was good for a continental breakfast, with all of the requisite pastries, muffins, cereals, and juices. My son has a severe peanut allergy so we have to be able to know the ingredients of everything that he eats. The breakfast waitstaff was not very helpful when I asked whether or not there was a list of ingredients for the pastries/muffins or if she was aware of any cross-contamination with any peanut products. She just said, "no peanuts" to my repeated questions. I wasn't sure whether to chalk it up to a language barrier, a lack of knowledge, or a lack of concern. Needless to say, my son stayed away from the non-packaged items, as he is accustomed to doing when we can't verify the safety of the food.

We tried to go on one of the nature cruises that departs from the hotel's pier, but were told that it was cancelled for that day due to the weather conditions. So we took a cruise from the downtown waterfront instead and had a great time. My wife took advantage of the offered outdoor Yoga class on our departure morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. The front desk staff was very friendly, both during our late, late check-in, and our check-out. We thoroughly enjoyed hiking and driving through Acadia National Park and the downtown area. The hotel was nicely situated for all of our planned activities.

We did experience some difficulty with the hotel billing. My credit card was inadvertently applied to another person's room during checkout. The clerk immediately recognized her error and told me to expect to see the charge and the balancing credit on my credit card account. But she accidentally processed another charge along with the credit and I ended up with an extra room charge. My wife also paid cash ($10) for her Yoga class, but that charge also showed up on my bill. I was told to wait until I received my credit card bill to be sure that the errors had not been corrected, and upon receiving it realized that they hadn't.

Here's where I want to give kudos to the staff. I gathered all my paper work and prepared to have to fight for a corrected bill. I called the hotel and asked to speak to someone in billing. I don't remember her name (I wish I had paid more attention because she deserves individual praise), but she listened to my problem, promptly brought up my account, and fixed the problems. There was no questioning, no hassle, no problem.

All in all, a pleasant stay.

1  Thank Sam J
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Greetings Sam, Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to me especially as the new GM here at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel.

I am so glad that you enjoyed one of our family suites and the other feature of our property.

Per your comments I have spoken with our breakfast team and our front desk manager to address these issues. Excellent guest service is always our goal and I apologize for the issues you pointed out.

again thank you for you comments and if I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me at 207-288-5801x1311

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hotel itself is standard stuff. Rooms are big and clean, breakfast is usual bagels, fruit & cereal. Feel of place is fairly impersonal. Why you should stay here is position. We had a family room with sea views. The view from our balcony was amazing! There is a tiny kind of beach by the water with picnic tables and on second night when we didn't want to stay in the busyness of bar harbour town for dinner we bought excellent sandwiches ( from Epie) back and sat by the water. One of our best dinners of trip so far!

Room Tip: Definitely pay the extra for a sea view and ask to be in the newer building by the swimming pool as balconies here have glass not railing so can really appreciate the view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Greetings Karen, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful views that our property has to offer.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

The view from the balcony on our second floor room was spectacular and made up for some unexpected challenges in the reservation and check-in process and landscaping that could use a bit of tending to.

After making an initial reservation, I called back to change the dates of my visit. Alarmingly, the front desk had no record of the reservation I made earlier in the day. For my second reservation attempt, I insisted on a confirmation email to both confirm the reservation and to confirm my request for a pet-friendly room as I was traveling with a friend and two small dogs. The rate, water-front location and pet-friendly nature of the Atlantic Oceanside made it the best of the local options I found online.

Upon arrival, there seemed to be quite a few rooms that were not ready as of the check-in time, including our room. The front desk did a poor job of managing expectation about how long the wait might be and seemed overwhelmed by the arrival of guests in close succession. In addition, when asking about our room, I reiterated that we were confirmed for a pet-friendly room. The front desk didn't have our reservation listed as such, despite my confirmation email indicating the requirement. The manager of the hotel, who was just a few weeks into his role, made an accommodation and we were given a room that might not normally be designated as pet-friendly since the other rooms were already occupied. My sense is that he knows there is an opportunity to tighten up the front desk operation, so I'll take him at his word that changes are on horizon. He was very apologetic and genuinely interested in resolving the issue.

Aside from the reservation and check-in challenges, the building we stayed in was the newest and closest to the outdoor pool. This is a very family oriented place due to the pool and free continental breakfast, so be prepared to be around a large number of family vacationers if you stay here. My friend and I were definitely outliers in the mix!

My only other observation is that the grounds needed some attention including simply watering to sustain the limited plantings and landscaping. Not a big deal, but another area where the first-impression might be improved.

The "average" rating is not in the context of other hotels and inns in Bar Harbor as I have no direct comparisons. My sense is that there are many places with far less going for them than the Atlantic Oceanside.

All of that said, I would give the Atlantic Oceanside another try if traveling with pets and wanting access to a nice well-maintained pool. The stunning view from our small porch about 100 yards from the Atlantic Ocean also weighs in favor of a return visit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SwiftyLives

Greetings Newdeal67, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

I am sorry that you experienced problems with our front desk/reservations team. One of the very nice features of the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel is that we do have some pet friendly rooms for our guests that choose to travel with their pets. I do remember speaking with you in the lobby that day and again I am very sorry for the confusion.

As the new GM here I can assure you that guest service is our number one goal. I hope you will return to our hotel in the future if their is anything I can do please feel free to contact me. 207-288-5801x1311

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We receintly stayed in Bar Harbor for a two night stay at the Atlantic Oceanside Inn. The room was lovely. It was clean and the views of the water are beautiful. The balcony is a great place to start the morning with a cup of coffee. The guest in the next room was on their phone in a heated conversation which took away from the ambience but after a few loud throat clearings, they got the message and moved their conversation inside.The property was a little further from town that I had anticipated but we never had a problem finding parking and Acadia was right around the corner.

The reason I am giving three stars is the service needs a bit of a tune up. The arrival process was fine but service was lacking everywhere else. No one went out of their way to be welcoming or warm. I had a bizarre experience with breakfast one morning. They stop service at 10am. I left the breakfast room to use the restroom and when I came back the door was locked. There were three employees standing outside the door and I asked to be let in and they said "I think breakfast is over". I stated that I knew that but my family was still inside and I needed to get back in. They looked at me like I had two heads, shrugged and went on their merry way. As a result, I walked through the kitchen. As I was maknig my way through the kitchen, everyone just looked at me. Um, was no one alarmed a guest was walking through a commercial kitchen?!! Not safe and alarming that no one would ask if I needed anyting!!! Instead of locking the door, why not put a banquet post outside the door announcing breakfast is over or post an employee for ten minutes? A guest should NEVER walk through your kitchen! I manage a luxury hotel and was aghast that this took place!

The propoerty is lovely and well kept. With a few service trainings, they could be much better.

1  Thank misskay6367

Greetings Misskay, Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TA.

I am sorry that you were locked out of our breakfast room and had to go back through the kitchen. Obviously this should never happen and I will speak with our F&B manager to address this issue.

My primary goal is to provide excellent guest service in a beautiful relaxed setting. again I apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you will return for another visit.

If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to contact me. 207-288-5801x1311