“Good hotel”

Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Wallington, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. Loved the room, the view, the chipmunks outside, the breakfast and the bar. It's a good location and I wish I'd been staying a little longer just to sit out on the verandah and enjoy the peace and quiet.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear 0021Kat,

Thank you for this very nice review, as the new GM I really appreciate hearing from our guests.

Tony

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 11 August 2014

the view,staff, and rooms were great, i already recommended you to two families already,,, thank you for everything! rode my bicycle down to the harbor and then to the national park beautiful, a well needed R&R

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear gjn211,

Thank you so much for this very nice review, I truly appreciate you taking time to post this on TA.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Atlantic Oceanside has a gorgeous view of Frenchman's Bay. The rooms are immaculate. Breakfast had lots of selections and seating on the porch. Within walking distance to Bar Harbor and has a bus stop on the property. Would definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Janda S,

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to wright this nice review and for being our guest at the Atlantic Oceanside Hotel.

Warm regards,

Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

The location is great, but that is all. For more than $250 a night we had expected (much) more. The walls are made of only wallpaper, breakfast is very poor, the most luxury items are the hard boiled eggs (you can order scrambled eggs etc. billed separately). Althought we were here in the summer, each tv channel showed a lot of snow. During the nights every 30 mins or so we heard a deep tone like a V12 engine was running idle for a few mins. The room was outdated, very old stuff, like the bed wobbled heavily when one turns over. The staff at the desk was not friendly, but I do not blame them, if I worked here, I would also.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Al W
Dear Al W,

I am so sorry that you experienced some problems during your stay with us. Our goal is to make sure all of our guests leave happy, refreshed and relaxed and hopefully want to come back again.

I do apologize for not being able address any of your issues before you checked out.

Painesville, Ohio
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed on the top floor of the Maine building. Gorgeous views. Staff was pleasant and helpful. I had a phone charger die on me so I threw it away. The maid pulled it out and left me an "are you sure" note. I was impressed by that. Restaurant was good with good views. Only problem was the thin walls. We could hear our neighbor's TV. Would go back in aheartbeat.

Room Tip: Get a upper floor room. Views are spectacular
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Glenn F
Dear Glenn F,

Thank you for staying with us and the nice review on TA. I see that you are from Ohio, I just moved from Ohio so I hope when you come back we get a chance to chat. Go Bucks!

South Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel has a beautiful location, with ocean front rooms.

We stayed in their new building, which was very spacious . The rooms have large balconies with a fantastic view.

The breakfast room is a bit tattered , but clean. Pools are fantastic, offering an indoor and outdoor. This is especially helpful if you have kids as it provides an activity for rainy or cooler days.
Our only issue they staff and owners have a difficult time enforcing a no smoking policy . We had rude neighbors who smoked on the balcony non stop. We couldn't use ours when they were present, or leave our sliding doors opened. They should enforce a penalty
Other than that an excellent choice

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tony B, General Manager at Atlantic Oceanside Hotel and Event Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hello Vbriody,

I am so glad that you enjoyed staying with us this past week and for your nice comments on our hotel amenities. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused to you because of another guest smoking on their balcony, especially when we clearly have a no smoking policy. We will be doing an upgrade to our breakfast room very soon.

I hope that you will choose to return to Bar Harbor in the future and stay with us again.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We decided to stop in Bar Harbor on our way home from a two week vacation farther north. We were very limited on where we could stay due to having our dog with us, as well as the fact that we called the day before to make the reservation.

The room was $219 with a $35 pet fee. We arrived at 1:30 and were told our room was not ready and we couldn't check in until 3. We decided to change our whale watch tour to the 4:30 trip because we had nowhere to leave our dog.

We returned at 3 and the room was ready. The lobby, room, and breakfast area were very outdated. The complimentary breakfast and the area it is served in needs to be updated and expanded upon. I wouldn't have a problem paying for a breakfast had I any idea.

In looking at the other reviews, I would venture to say that the room we had, which was pet-friendly, is much different than the rest of the hotel. We felt punished for being in a pet friendly room.

Check out time was inflexible as well, 11 or bust. The good news is that Bar Harbor is very dog friendly so you can take them into all the stores and outdoor eating areas.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank James N
Dear James N,

Thanks for your review on TripAdvisor, we sincerely appreciate all the feedback both positive and negative as that is how we know where we can improve.

Unfortunately we only have 6 pet friendly rooms that are all located in our Oceanside building. The Oceanside building is a bit older however it is right next to the water and these rooms tend to be our best vales especially during the peak season. We do charge a pet fee because of the extra cleaning required. Unfortunately many days we are not able to accommodate late check out requests because we really try hard to have all of our rooms ready for arrivals by 3pm which is earlier that most hotels these days.

if you have any other comments or suggestions please feel free to contact me directly.