“Great chowder”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After a long morning walking around town, we were ready for lunch and a beer. This place was quite near the ship and looked friendly. Service was a bit slow, but beer and chowder were both excellent. The lobster roll, though was a bit lacking.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,734)

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Good beer, good company, good service. A nice place to stop in but we didn't stay for long or food...

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

After a long day of hiking at the National Park, I did some research on eateries in Bar Harbor, and selected this place as it most closely matched what I was in the mood for.

I was traveling solo, so I figured the bar would be the best place for me. There appeared to be ample seating throughout the restaurant, which would be great for peak hours. As it happened, there was one open spot at the bar for me (a shamrock, to be sure).

Normally, I get beers that I can read a newspaper through, but I took a chance on a local offering, the Atlantic Brewing Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale. It was an excellent choice, pretty light, and well infused with blueberry.

I was quite hungry, so I started with their lobster bisque, and downed it very quickly. The bisque was tasty, and had a nice texture.

I then moved on to their lobster roll, which the patron to my left assured me they did very well. I agree with his assessment. It was prepared the Maine way, and tasted very fresh. Maybe the best lobster roll I’ve had.

Only slight knock is that the service wasn’t super quick, but it was accurate. I also recognize that it was pretty busy when I went, and there were only two people working making drinks for the whole restaurant. Also, I was in no hurry, so it didn’t bother me too much.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

We stopped here for a bite to eat around 3 or 4 in the afternoon...hardly anyone in the there - several empty tables....the host asked if we were going to have dinner, my husband said no, just appetizers and a drink. The host said they were getting ready for dinner, so he didn't have a table for us. (What? Really??) Okay fine - we went across the road to another restaurant. I didn't understand why this guy would turn anyone away - 2 appetizers and 4 drinks, plus a tip......do the math. whatever - we had fun at the place across the street and they were really nice!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

It was a cool evening after a catamaran out to star gaze. We were wanting to warm up & stopped at this beautifully inviting restaurant. It's gorgeously decorated with open doors to let in the ocean breeze. We settled on desserts that were elegantly plated & delicious. I'd love to return for a full meal. They also had a specialty menu for cocktails which sounded very enticing. The staff was wonderfully courteous & helpful.