West Street Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
The Central House(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Morgan House Inn(Bar Harbor)
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Balance Rock Inn(Bar Harbor)
ANCHORAGE MOTEL(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop poolbar harbor clubnautical themebottled watercookiesirish pubfree laundryresort feeguest pantryhot chocolatesister hotelin townkeurig machinewest stfresh fruitview roomgreat amenities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Almost perfect, the views of the harbor were great from our balcony, the only thing that could be improved upon is to heat the rooftop pool. Easy walking distance to about everything downtown. Top 1 or 2 hotels we have ever stayed in. Looking forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want good harbor views at least choose the harbor view or ocean veiw rooms, and also for watching the street below at night
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lewis1399
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was very impressed with this hotel and staff. I have traveled extensively and only stay in the best hotels. This hotel was beyond my expectations. The pool was the best , but my favorite part was that there were no children allowed up there. I love kids, but do not want to share my vacation with them. My room looked out across the street towards the pool for families, and I had to close my patio doors because I could hear those children yelling in the pool! I was so grateful to the privacy and peace & quite of the pool at the West Street Hotel. I hope they stick to this rule!

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ and get a room facing the harbor. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I am a local here in Bar Harbor and was very curious to see what the new Hotel here in town was like. I had heard many compliments from patrons of the Bar I work at(Jack Russell's Steakhouse). I was also wanting to try the new restaurant\irish pub that is located in the Hotel. So I decided to treat myself to what us locals call a "staycation" on my one day off for the week. The staff at both the hotel and the restaurant were very friendly and occommodating. I know some staff recognized me as a fellow service industry worker in town however I was still treated just as well as any other paying guest. The wings at the irish pub were the best in town and the best part of my stay was by far the infinity pool on the roof. I had a view of frenchmans bay like I had never seen before and because most of the other hotel guests were most likely out exploring Acadia National Park I had the whole roof to my self with a server delivering drinks while I read my book,floated in the pool, and had the most relaxing day I have had in years.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Jill B
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Brand new hotel in Bar Harbor with absolutely wonderful location right at the bottom of Cottage and Main streets. Very genial service staff that were ever available to help. Pricy, but clearly comptetitive given location and season. Downsides have to do with the newness of the hotel that comes with glitches. Air conditioning, for example, was spotty throughout the hotel and service staff had some difficulties getting our bill properly sorted out on departure. These issues should work themselves out over time. Overall a very good choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

Bar Harbor was our final destination on our vacation and we had planned on staying just a couple of nights. We ended up loving our stay at the West Street hotel so much that we extended our stay to 4 nights! To say that this hotel is wonderful and that the management and staff went above and beyond, is an understatement. Guests are first welcomed at the door with cold bottles of Acqua Panna water and upon entering this brand new, modern hotel you feel the warmth of an ongoing cozy and inviting fireplace. Front desk staff were friendly and prompt. Every floor has a 24 hour pantry station with full service Keurig brewing system stocked with a variety of flavors of coffee, tea and hot chocolate. There is also a small refrigerator that is constantly stocked with Acqua Panna water. During the day they will have fruit out and at night a plate of fresh cookies. The rooftop pool has an amazing view of the harbor - great picture taking opportunity. The location is simply the best! You are literally just steps away from all the shops, restaurants and tours, (whale watching, fishing, lighthouse, nature, etc). I would also like to commend the General Manager, Matthew Brestle, for making it all happen. Matt, I can't thank you enough for accommodating my health needs. I found myself in need of a good eye doctor and Matt gave me a great referral. Thank you for making my vacation a perfect one with wonderful memories!

Room Tip: Overlooking beautiful Bay Harbor, 3rd or 4th floors
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends