“Foreign Movies & American Pizza”

Reel Pizza Cinerama
Ranked #2 of 3 Fun & Games in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Thank God for this theater that shows not only Hollywood blockbusters but also little known foreign movies! You purchase your ticket, you order your pizza (with film-themed names like "Babette's Feast" or "Play it again, Sam"), and then you have it all, a nice movie experience plus a pretty good thin crust pizza, ready for you when your number lights up on an old Bingo board.

1  Thank hanseata
There are newer reviews for Reel Pizza Cinerama

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went to Reel Pizza in Bar Harbor last week to watch the movie "The Butler' (great movie btw), and we had a great time! One thing I like about Reel Pizza is, one feeling I got there is that its almost old fashioned. I can't exactally tell you what made me think that but it just seems that way. Another plus is the pizza is awesome! I loved the crust. One tip I would have is they do not take cash, so plan accordingly, although they do have an ATM in the room on the side.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We were in the mood for a movie on a rainy day and decided to take in a movie. This theater is the only one in town, so we decided to try it. It's small and comfortable with good food (pizza, popcorn, coffee, cappuccino and snacks) that you can eat comfortably while watching a movie. The there are tables at the seats so you don't have to balance your food and drink in your lap. That was a nice surprise. And then there was the intermission...when's the last time you had one of those during a movie? This was a nice quiet and casual break during a busy vacation. We really enjoyed our visit to this theater. One note of advice if you decide to go--make sure you arrive at the theater about 1/2 hour before the scheduled start time since it is small and the only one around. They tend to sell out their shows, especially during the busiest part of the tourist season.

1  Thank C S
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I am local to the area and often go to Reel Pizza. They offer many movies as well as some foreign movies. The seating is very comfortable. You can choose to sit in a comfy couch or comfortable chairs. I love their pizza and popcorn and I love the fact they offer local beers and wine to enjoy with your pizza while you watch the movie! You can't go wrong.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

sofas, beer, and pizza meet movie theater... what's not to love? this country needs more places like this, for sure. nice staff, good selection of mainstream and independent movies.

1  Thank ted a