“Breakfast- rude cashier”
Review of Trailhead Cafe

Trailhead Cafe
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Trailhead Cafe is the local year round source for the finest coffee, tea, espresso, breakfast sandwiches, and picnic lunches in Bar Harbor. Family owned, friendly, year-round community cafe offering Acadia National Park information.
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

greeted by a rude cashier, disappointed in food and coffee was watered down. Just don't understand how the person that is the first impression has to be so rude.

1  Thank jason c

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We went there in a morning to be welcomed by a rude and racist attender who showed us a way out for a better restaurant.

1  Thank Sanjiv K
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stopped into this coffee shop for a shot of espresso and a light breakfast. It was really cute and clean inside and had a lot of charm about it. They were playing cool music and it was a relaxing place. They serve lots of flavored coffees, teas, etc. They also serve bagels and sandwiches.

My friend had an espresso and said it was good. I ordered a bagel with peanut butter, and asked for it to be double-toasted. It was barely toasted once, much less twice. It was sloppy with peanut butter and average at best (really, how can you mess up a bagel?). Plus, it was wrapped in tin-foil, even though I was eating it there – it could have just been put on a plate. That was the only food I ordered, thank goodness!

The problem with this place wasn’t the bagel; I could have lived with that. It was the RUDE guy taking the orders. He barely acknowledged us, and clearly didn’t listen when I ordered the bagel double-toasted. I had to ask twice for some water. Ugh. There are so many GREAT places to eat in this town, I was so mad that I wasted my time and money here.

5 stars for a charming place and good music. 2 stars for the food. 1 star for the rude guy! Could have been an off-day all the way around, but I won't give them a second chance.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I live just outside Bar Harbor and during certain times of the year it is a NIGHTMARE to travel there and I avoid it at all costs, but sometimes for work I have to make the trip in during the busiest times of the year. Every place is packed with a rushed vibe tending to all the visitors, the prices are high and the wait is long - but not at Trailhead. I've been here a few times. It is a great little spot to grab a bite ANY TIME OF THE YEAR. Fast service despite the crowds, speedy wi-fi, its dog friendly, has a relaxed atmosphere, its very clean and they serve up a delicious Chai and a mouth watering Lox Sandwich on a bagel (only $6.50!). Its good to have a place like this that is comfortable for locals to go to and the prices are totally reasonable. Great for a friendly meet up, business chat, an afternoon date or for some down time in a chill spot. Thanks Trailhead - you're doing everything right, don't change a thing! :)

Reviewed 21 September 2013

excellent coffee, tasty scones, free wifi - the place is a bit scruffy and the bathroom pretty nasty. A good scrub would help.