“good food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

China Joy
Ranked #105 of 143 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Patchogue, New York
“good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

the lobster Cantonese dish was awesome! it was a little pricey but everything is in Bar Harbor. we also had coconut shrimp which was delicious! the curry chicken was good it would have been better with dark meat chicken. the chicken wings were tender juicy and big!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Katamaran687

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Decent chinese food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

It's the only chinese restaurant in downtown Bar Harbor and it is cheap, decent food and great portions. Not the best chinese food, but definitely not the worst. Worth a try!

Visited June 2014
Rindge, New Hampshire
“Not bad, a little bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was a decent lunch. Food was a little bland but not bad. Charged extra for tea. Cost was reasonable.

Visited April 2014
bar harbor maine
“Dumpster is more decretive! Food is worse!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

The dining room is a mess if old stuff everywhere .. If the kitchen is anything like the dining room gross.. Should be inspected!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bfizzel
Richmond, Virginia
“So gross we threw it away!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We weren't expecting anything over the top good, but any decent-enough food would do. But oh boy we were wrong!

First off let me say, I have put up with "nasty" food from school cafeterias, etc., when I was growing up, and I can stand it if I tell myself to do so.

So we walked in and ordered some pork/rice, egg rolls, etc for 3 people. When we were handed the food (to go), the guy didn't even give us any napkins or forks. So we asked for napkins and forks, and he gave us 1 meager piece of napkin and 1 fork. He seemed impatient so we didn't bother to ask for more. But still, 1 napkin and 1 fork for 3 people!

Now, to the food. It was bland, stale, and tasted like rubber. The pieces of pork were definitely not fresh, but they were dyed in red and soaked in salt and oil to appear more appetizing. Yes, to "appear" more appetizing. In fact, when placed in the mouth, the pork tasted nothing more than rubber. The egg roll was, again, tasteless, and everything inside was clumped into one indiscernible mass of...what? I couldn't really tell. Looked like it went through the trash compactor. I guess I didn't really want to know what was in that mass.

I could not stand the food so I threw it away.

So yeah, visiting this restaurant was the low point of my visit to Acadia National Park.

• Visited February 2013