“Blueberry Bruschetta changed my life!”
Review of Testa's Restaurant

Testa's Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went in around noon and got a window table immediately. Our server was awesome and suggested us a blueberry bruschetta appetizer that was so good we considered ordering a second one. Also ordered was the superfood salad and lobster mac and cheese, both of which were great! Can't wait to go back for that bruschetta plate!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came for coffee and appetizers and it ended up being the most expensive meal of our vacation. Lets start by saying a cup of coffee is $3 and the $15 scallops appetizer leaves you with 3 small scallops. As someone with a gluten sensitivity there was unfortunately not much I could eat here but I made the server aware of this and ordered the scallops and clam chowder since usually both of those are gf. When the clam chowder came with bread sticking out of it I did realize this restaurant probably doesn't know much about gluten sensitivities or allergies so that was mistake number one. Mistake number two was eating the clam chowder. I was quite sick for a few hours which was unfortunate. Will not return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For the price, I expected our dining experience to be better than average. I had the haddock almondine and it was just ok. I have had better dishes. I do recommend the blueberry lemonade, as it was a nice touch utilizing a local ingredient.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Earlybird dining ends at 5:45pm but hostess allowed us to eat off the eb menu at 6. The lobster tacos were very tasty and my husband's haddock was very good and plentiful. Drink specials were also in place. My son had a lobster roll that was not lobster salad on a bun but big pieces of lobster as a topping over special slaw. (His dinner was on the regular menu, but reasonable)

1  Thank kaschwartz865
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Testa's is located right on Main street in Bar Harbor, this restaurant was a must stop for us. The character of the inside restaurant is notable, elegant and very well maintained. The restaurant has been on Main Street since 1921 and its easy to see why. From the rich wood panels walls to the brass arches, this restaurant remains elegant and inviting. The restrooms were very clean and reflect the character of the restaurant, they still have the pull chain toilet. The main dining area has a bar area and seating for both booths and tables.

We opted to have a mid afternoon dinner and the restaurant was quiet and staff friendly. Not busy during this time, which was exactly what we wanted.

We tried a variety of items from the menu. Crab cake appetizers were not only presented well and hot, they were the best tasting cakes I have had in the area. They offer two different styles of cakes, both prepared different with different remoulade sauces, both complemented each other well.

The lobster mac and cheese was not only large in portion and steaming hot, the taste was flavorful and the lobster was fresh. I highly recommend you try this scrumptious dish. We even took some back to the Inn with us!

I opted for the soup of the day, loaded baked potato, which did not disappoint. The soup had a nice thick consistency with various flavors subtly noted. The soup was delicious and tasty.

The crab soup was incredible. The soup was full bodied and heavenly. They say it's almost famous, well it should be famous for the taste this soup put out.

The Seafood Newburg was a different take on Lobster,Shrimp and Scallops. The plate was presented with a puff pastry and a sherry sauce. We would of liked to have seen more seafood in this entree; however the pastry was filling and the taste was palatable and complemented well.

Those not keen to seafood should try the Frenchman Bay Prime Rib Dip. The prime rib is shaved and served with caramelized onion. The taste can be described as juicy, saporous and gustatory. Its a rare find with fresh shaved prime rib.

The restaurant also offers a wide variety of drinks. I noted locally bottled soda, beer, wine, cocktails and unique refreshments.
The service was quick, priced appropriately. We all enjoyed our dinner and was glad to find a fine dining experience with a relaxed atmosphere. I recommend you try Testa's for some unique food, a great atmosphere. Don't forget to check out the upstairs dining area for a great view!

1  Thank Zowie717