“Best Coffee in Bar Harbor”

Coffee Hound Coffee Bar
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: "Coffee done well in Bar Harbor!" - The Boston Globe Coffee Hound Hand-crafted specialty coffee, espresso and artisan edibles. Indulging tastes across Maine from the foothills of Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor during the summers to Sunday River Ski Resort in the winters. We proudly serve Coffee from a small-batch, boutique MAINE roaster & offer a full-line of hand-crafted espresso and coffee including: lattes, mochas, cappuccinos, chai, gourmet hot cocoa and more. Our other specialties include: Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, pastries baked fresh daily, NEW for 2018 CREPES and Grammy Keegan's famous LOBSTER ROLLS. We are home of the CADILLAC COOLER - Blueberry Soda blended up with Lemon Sorbet and the ACADIAN TURTLE - a Mocha with Hazelnut and Caramel, try it hot, iced or as a frappe! "We believe that coffee is a culture that is shared around the world. So we offer a full line of high quality craft products to indulge tastes near or far & connect with people one cup at a time..."
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Coffee Hound Coffee Bar: Best Coffee in Bar Harbor and the friendliest employees I have ever met in a coffee shop. Truly a wonderful place!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Delicious chocolate latte and very friendly staff! The store was very quaint and quick accurate service.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

I drink espresso everyday. I have had all spectrums and I truly enjoyed Coffee Hound. The staff was clearly experienced and easily, efficiently and accurately took an fulfilled my order. I was quite impressed with how quickly my drink was ready. For me the offering of crepes with my coffee was something I rarely find! YUM maple crepe to-go was a surprise treat that I’ll not soon forget!! My husband enjoyed his cappuccino and found the blueberry muffin delicious.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Cute place. Good coffee. Good service. Nice selection. Sister got drinks here too.. It's hard to write a lot of characters for this.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

It pains me to have to write this review of, perhaps, the worst espresso in recent memory. It was so overextracted and long, the bitter flavor of the small amount I drank lasted on my tongue for hours. I would have asked them barista to remake it but I didn’t have the impression that it would have been any better. Dirty water dripping off an umbrella has better flavor. I poured the espresso out.

To the owner, your staff was engaging and very friendly. The responsibility of training them to make a decent espresso is yours. Where are you?

For a very respectable, espresso walk a few blocks to Chocolatte.