“The nicest owners you will ever meet”

Stone Throw Cottage
Ranked #2 of 31 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The nicest owners you will ever meet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Stone Throw B&B and had a wonderful time. This was our second B&B during our trip and coming from a more expensive place near the water. I think what most stands out is the effort and warmth of Jerry, Kim, and their niece Kara. They remembered your names, activities, and were almost always around for help or suggestions. The food was excellent and the quickly accommodated my wife's protein (fried eggs) request without hesitation. Each meal surpassed the previous with my opinion of a friendly completion between Kim and Jerry to make the most beautiful presentation. I loved finding the afternoon snack in the breakfast room after returning for shower from a long day hiking or biking. The room was very clean, beautifully decorated, and decent sized. I wish our room had more natural air flow as it was a little warm. However, there was a window A/C unit, which we did not use. It is an easy walk to the center of town and very close to Cafe - This Way, which I highly recommend. Route 233 is out the window but it quiets down in the evening and did not bother me (i.e., I am a very light sleeper). I forgot to mention, Jerry and Kim are former park rangers. As a active hiker, I really enjoyed their first hand advice. They really know the area and saw them give ample suggestions for the laid back as well as the restless hiker (me).

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at Stone Throw cottage a few weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. A very high standard was set after our stay for any other B&B. Jerry was able to give great suggestions for places to eat and all were within a short walk. Every morning a wonderful breakfast was served. Jerry and his wife as well as Kara were available if you needed any thing or had any question. It was a great stay!

Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was my first stay in a Bed and Breakfast, and I would never choose to stay anywhere but Stone Throw! Jerry was so warm and friendly, and his niece Kara made me feel welcome right away for my first time in Maine. The food was delicious (especially the Raspberry French Toast) and I woke up every morning to an amazing breakfast. I would recommend Stone Throw to everyone, not just because of its great location, delicious food, and comfortable amenities, but because of the incredible family who owns it. Everyone who stays here will love their company and the genuine personal interest that they take in everyone. If anyone is going anywhere near Maine, I recommend that they stay at Stone Throw!

Room Tip: Room 7 is very popular!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was my first time to stay in a B&B, and I can't imagine it could have been any better. Jerry and his family (namely Cara) were awesome! I was on a girls trip with some friends, and we really enjoyed chatting with them over breakfast or when we were at the house. They offered great suggestions on restaurants, hikes, and other things to see. It was very clean, cute, and very well located!…oh, and the food was great! We mentioned that we were sad that the Jordan's Pond restaurant was closed, so we couldn't get popovers; we came home that afternoon, and Cara had made some for us. Very thoughtful! I would absolutely choose to stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We spent five days in the Stone Throw Cottage and loved every moment of it. The cottage's authentic decor, central location, and exceptionally warm atmosphere, created by the hosts, made our stay deeply enjoyable. The cottage creates an impression of a newly renovated place. The cleanliness of every area was impeccable. The breakfasts were set up in a beautiful, classically decorated dining room with a fireplace that was running on chilly mornings. But what made those breakfasts truly unforgettable was the actual food served - rich, exquisite dishes, executed to perfection and presented in the most delightful way.
The hosts gave us a warm welcome and then helped us every step along the way with insightful recommendations for the best activities in every kind of weather. We had hard time actually leaving this place and would highly recommend it to everyone !

Room Tip: The rooms facing the backyard may be a little quieter. But even the room facing the street was suffi...
New Baltimore, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

It is hard to describe in words how wonderful our stay was at this B&B. The breakfasts were delicious, the location is great and the rooms are well appointed. Jerry and his niece are very sweet and knowledgeable about all of Bar Harbor. I highly recommend this B & B! You won't be disappointed!

Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We loved everything about this B&B. Rooms were very cozy and decorated nicely. The breakfast each morning was delicious. Excellent Hosts that were also very informative about the area. Great location,walking distance to town. We would stay here again.
Stayed June 2014 traveled with friends.
Janis and Bob W.