“A great addition to Bar Harbor”
Review of Opa restaurant bar harbor - CLOSED

Opa restaurant bar harbor
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I decided to try Opa about a month after it opened. I'm a big fan of Greek food, and I was excited to try a new place for some ethnic food. We were seated right away, and I enjoyed the cozy atmosphere. As others have said, it did get really hot which was a negative. I ordered a cocktail special (I think called Aphrodite's kiss), and the moussaka which is a dish I love. The food took a really long time, but was delicious when it finally arrived. You could tell the server was new, but she was sweet.
Although I didn't go back, I think I will at some point, once they have a little more experience for a better flow of service.

1  Thank Kar1414

Reviewed 15 October 2013

We were referred here by the folks at the popular and excellent Two Cats restaurant. Opa is new, and the food is very, very good. We had olive tapenade on warm pita and eggplant moussaka. Both were fresh and delicious. Eating at Opa was a nice change from lobster, which we had been having every day during our stay in Bar Harbor. Give it a try!

Reviewed 7 October 2013

My husband and I ate here on a trip in August and just loved it. The owner is a great guy and the food was outstanding. The spanakopita was the best I ever had. Our only complaint, there is no A/C, besides that everything was perfect.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I had a delightful meal here. The owner is a great guy and gave us good suggestions on what to order, including his mother's recipe for Spanakopita. It was wonderful! Don't miss the lamb -- to die for! We'll be back!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We met a couple on a hike to Indian Point that recommended Opa. The restaurant is fairly new to Bar Harbor. We were there for the early bird specials - a price reduction on selected items. Good wine and beer selection. We shared a Greek salad - very good, but could use a more generous portion of feta. I had the chicken marsala with potato gnocchi - excellent! My wife had the lamb - the dish recommended by the hiker couple. She loved it. The family-owned restaurant is away from the high tourist area and thus is quiet and personal. Some recipes came from Greek grandparents. Highly recommended.