“Nice Inn”
Review of Bar Harbor Manor

Bar Harbor Manor
Ranked #10 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We stayed at Bar Harbor Manor in October. They have several different types of rooms. Ours was probably a guest suite. It was very clean, nicely decorated, nice room with good TV. I found the bed to be very hard and the heating unit so noisy that I turned it off, even though it was very cold in the room. I couldn't sleep with the noise. It is located within a short walk of shopping and restaurants. Given the location, the price was reasonable. The Inn Keeper was very friendly and helpful. I never thought to ask for another room with a softer bed, but I believe they were booked solid anyway. I don't think I would stay there again because of the noisy heater and hard bed unless I couldn't get something better. Bar Harbor is filled with B & B's and hotels but it was very hard to get a room that was well rated when I was looking.

Reviewed 21 October 2009

The hospitality at this lovely B&B was truly the warmest and most welcoming. Bring a bottle of wine to share in front of the wood-burning fireplace in the living room or the gas fireplace in the bedroom...life does not get any better!

Reviewed 13 October 2009

Well, our trip to Bar Harbor got off to a rocky start. Before leaving Massachussetts, I called to inform the hotel that we would not be arriving until very late (12am or after) because of the 6 hour drive it takes to get there. Thank God I had called because they informed me that the room we had requested was flooded! They were having some plumbing problems, and they were going to have to put us in a double twin room instead of a king bed room, this when I was going to be proposing on this trip! The owner, understanding the situation, called Bar Harbor Manor for me and booked a room for me at the same price. Not knowing at all what I was getting into, I arrived at the Bar Harbor Manor at around 2am. We found our way to the room and, it could not have been more perfect. It was their "Honeymoon Sweet". A queen bed, a seperate living area with a kitchenette. Two flatscreen TVs, and a HUGE bathroom with a two person jacuzzi tub.
The room was spotless. The service from everyone involved was amazing. It is located on a perfect sidestreet- close to everything as to be in walking distance, but off the main path so that it is not too busy. The rooms were decorated flawlessly, almost like a B&B with antiques and classy artwork and furniture around. You could tell this is not like most hotels where each room is a cookie-cutter verison of the one next to it. When we return to Bar Harbor, I will definately be staying here!

Reviewed 11 October 2009

Bar Harbor Manor is a delightful hidden jewel--clean, beautifully decorated, and perfectly located--with charming and helpful proprietors. This renovated inn reminds me of an English manor, complete with cabbage-rose wallpaper, lovely tile and carpeting, and antique furniture. It is ideally located on a quiet, tree-lined street near Jordan's--an exceptional breakfast spot--boutique shopping, the harbor, museums, the cinema/opera house, the post office, the West Street Cafe and Galyns Restaurant, where we enjoyed 2-pound lobsters!

Reviewed 28 September 2009

My wife and I stayed three nights (8/10-12) in a Town House Suite during a recent tour of New England.

Both the accommodations and the owners were wonderful. The Manor is located on a quiet side street (about 4 blocks - easy walk from town center) with beautifully landscaped, immaculately kept, grounds that include lots of flowers/plants. It's also very easy access to Acadia. The two room suite was beautiful and sparkling clean. It included a kitchenette - with stove, microwave, and small fridge- and two new wide screen TVs. The owners, and their staff, were very friendly and had just the right personality for inn keepers. Two examples: We brought a mid 90's heat wave with us and the air conditioner/heater was in the bedroom which left the sitting room a little uncomfortable. I requested a fan at the front desk before going to bed. The next day we returned from Acadia to find not only a fan, but champagne on ice with two flute glasses. When the owners realized that we regularly had wine in the room, they made a point to stock the cupboard with appropriate wine glasses. Clearly very accommodating people!

I also did a lot of research before going on this trip. You can spend a lot more money to stay in Bar Harbor without getting this much satisfaction. The bill at Bar Harbor Manor was a fraction of the cost for the Bar Harbor Inn & Spa. Why would you want to spend more?

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DERetired
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Basically a motel room with parking lot away from room. Stayed 5 days. Would recommend. Walk to just about everything. Owners were very helpful. Clean and I thought worth the money.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank csn1285
Reviewed 19 September 2009

From the initial greeting to the check out this is a wonderful place. The people are friendly & helpful, the rooms look fresh and the grounds are beautiful. It is one of the quietest places we have stayed in. Could not have been better.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends