“Best Meal in Bar Harbor”
Review of Michelle's Fine Dining - CLOSED

Michelle's Fine Dining
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Truly amazing inn, restaurant, location and service. Ivy Manor Inn and Pascone's Ristorante examplifies the flavor of Italy. The homemade meatballs and speghetti meat sauce from generations handed down to the most flavorfull marinara. A must try is one of Pascone's appetizer specialities "Italian Latkes"! The freshest of salad's particularly, the Arugular Insalate with fresh figs. The sauces are flagrant with fresh herbs and the aroma's throughout the restaurant are mouth watering. Not just pasta's, they have thought of everything. Their traditional 2 lb Maine Lobster Thermidor, "unbelievable" and the finest of Prime with the Chateau Briand For Two! Many fresh fish items along with all of the chicken entree's such as Chicken Parmiginao and Chicken Piccata! Be sure to order one of their sensational desserts, the Chocolate Bag For Two! It alone, is an experience in and by itself. Yes, Pascone's at the Ivy Manor Inn has carved it's name in Bar Harbor as "the place to dine".
“Best Meal in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Exceptional food and service. The owners, John and Christine, really promote the use of local produce and seafood, which really pays off. The patio setting with the fire pit creates a great ambiance, and the bar can really serve up some nice cocktails. I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a relaxing, low-key summer evening.

• Visited June 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fried Shrimp Po' Boy is sublime”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On a hot, muggy afternoon after a morning of biking the carriage trails, we headed to Bar Harbor for lunch. The more crowded places had high prices and nothing that appealed to us that day. Michelle's had lots of open tables on the patio - some shade, no waiting, and a menu that was limited but had what we wanted.

My companion ordered the burger - he said it was fabulous! Cooked to his preference, with a nice bun, and roasted peppers and mesclun lettuce for garnish.

I ordered the Fried Shrimp Po' Boy, and Oh' Boy, was it fabulous! The shrimp was crunchy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside, on a nice baguette with a garlic aioli sauce, and a very nice mesclun salad on the side. I was in heaven.

There was a nice beer and wine selection, the lemonade was routine, the service was professional and efficient without hovering, and the price was very reasonable. The dog-friendly patio was a nice bonus - lots of space between tables to accommodate everyone.

A side note - we weren't sure we wanted to sit on the concrete patio, so we checked out the "air conditioned dining room" - it was dark and a bit humid, and the a/c didn't seem to be doing much for the space at that time. We ended up very happy on the patio. It was a good place to people watch :-)

1 Thank slconcann
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Incredible atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have got to tell you that this is an absolutely incredible place. The atmosphere, the staff and the food selection is great. I had the seafood scampi with homemade pasta and it was the best I have ever had. I highly recommend that you give it a try. RJ

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine Dining in Bar Harbor”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Meandered into Michelle's for lunch and returned for dinner. Young Chef Kyle knows his ingredients and enjoys creative meat and fish presentations. Owners John and Christine have a gem here. Good service staff. Quality outdoor dining. Pet friendly, too.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Farm to table done right”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I returned to this restaurant for our anniversary. We were surprised to see that it was under new ownership, but we were soon delighted. With a more casual atmosphere and wonderful service we were instantly happy to return. We are foodies, major foodies. What I love about this place (which I am not sure is well known to most) is that they utilize the farm to table concept. I love knowing where my food comes from as well as supporting local farmers.

The preparation was superb and I do have to acknowledge how perfectly the homemade pasta was prepared....perfectly al dente! The drinks were wonderful and all made with fresh ingredients, no mixes. I highly recommend this place if you live good food. It is worth every bite.