“Great way to spend an afternoon”

Pirate's Cove Miniature Golf
Cliffside
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Two fun courses, very we'll kept. The staff is pleasant. It can very crowded in the evenings, less of a crowd in the afternoon. Very close to downtown Bar Harbor.

Visited August 2013

Aurora
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun Miniature Golf Course”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stopped for a quick round of mini golf. From first sight, we were impressed by the place, it looked like it would be fun. There were 2 courses, we played the original, which we were told was the easier course. It was enjoyable. The course was well maintained.

Visited October 2013
Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun on a warm September afternoon”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Despite being in our 60's we still enjoy mini golf, and this Pirate's Cove was no exception. I'd seriously recommend trying the original course first, since its much easier. Blackbeard's Challenge course is a bear but still a lot of fun. Note: don't try this on a bad health day if you have mobility issues. My balance is poor and illness causes difficulty in walking and there ARE some iffy steps. On the positive side again, I appreciate the fact that they don't dye their water in the waterfalls blue as so many courses in our area do, because its hardly natural looking. We also appreciated the fact that we could take bottled soda onto the courses since it was such a warm afternoon. The only thing we couldn't stand was the horrible piped-in music, like Sea Shanties/elevator music on acid? It was weird and annoying. I suppose kids would love it but when a tinny, awful arrangement of a classic rock song that I normally love came blaring out over the speakers, I wanted to scream NOOOOOO! I was a music teacher so would notice such things, but the music even bothered my husband, who normally wouldn't notice such things. So, 4 stars, not 5. It was fun but bring earplugs? ;)

Visited September 2013
Oshawa, Canada
“Golfing fun for lovers or family!”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My wife and I (and little kids) enjoy this golf course - reasonable; this year I got two holes in one - they spin a wheel twice - If the arrow lands on your "hole in one" hole you win a free round, redeemable with a token! I finally won a free game for next year's vacation! This place is next to the Log Cabin restaurant where we ate supper - excellent place to relax with steamers, lobster and beer or wine!

Visited October 2013
Bar Harbor, Maine
“Had So Much Fun!”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

It looks fun and it is! We had so much fun playing and learning about the Pirate Blackbeard. I'm an adult and i had fun i can only imagine what a kid would think. Miniature Golf, yeah sounds easy but take the blackbeard course and you'll get the challenge your looking for.

Visited September 2013