I booked last minute for my room for a work trip. After booking I realized that the date I booked for was for the following night. Quickly called Moseley Cottage Inn and the person who answered the phone was out walking her dog but said she'd fix it without a problem as soon as she returned. She was very pleasant and helpful. I arrived that evening, cookies & scones in the reception area. They looked awesome but I held off. When for a nice 3 mile run which ended running on the shore path. This is a MUST do whether you walk or run. Access is very close!
Walked into town for a little shopping. Dropped my bag back off at my room in the motel. Then, as suggested by the motel, walked to McKay's Public House to have dinner and a drink at the bar. Very nice and quiet. Asked the bar tender to turn the Red Sox game and enjoyed a salad and wonderful mussels. Wine was good too.
Room at the motel was simple, clean and quiet. Wi-fi access was easy to connect. Motel had the basic toiletries (shampoo, soap, conditioner) and hot shower. Cable TV had all the channels one would want/need. I was on the second floor and there are two chairs & a table outside on the deck. If I had more time, would have loved to sit out there and enjoy the scenery.
I hope to return, maybe with the family and stay in the inn. Thanks for an excellent stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a quiet side street in downtown Bar Harbor, the Moseley Cottage Inn & Town Motel have welcomed visitors for many years. Built in 1884, this charming Victorian bed and breakfast inn offers a private haven off the beaten path. The Victorian Inn maintains a sense of history with original fireplaces, private balconies, gleaming hardwood floors. The Inn rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques and updated fine linens, Turkish towels, Sterns and Foster Beds and WiFi throughout. A delicious full breakfast is included with the Inn. Motel guests are welcome for breakfast for an additional charge. WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV, mini frigs, hair dryers, self serve coffee/tea and afternoon cookies are some of the amenities to enjoy while your stay in the Inn and Motel. The In-Town Location and friendly local staff all make this a most memorable and wonderful experience for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Hotel Bar Harbor
- Moseley Cottage And Town Hotel
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Motel Bar Harbor, Maine