Both the Hotel and Inn are super, but we stayed in the Inn this time because we wanted a porch.
Perfect location away from the cruise ships. Down a side street a few blocks if that from the square and shore path. Easier access to Acadia we thought than going to the main entrance.
The Inn seems to runs effortlessly. Pam and Scott are wonderful friendly hosts and have assembled a wonderful crew. If you have never stayed at a B&B I think this is what you should judge others by.
We arrived late in the afternoon from a long scenic drive up Hwy 1 from Portland. The check in was fast. The room was immaculate, clean, and well furnished to say the least.
The beds are super comfortable. I think there is a art to making a bed and Darlene, the house keeper, has that gift. The beds are perfectly made. We don't often stay at 5 star places, but when we do, you soon recognize a well made bed. After a long travel to get to Bar Harbor a good nights sleep was what we needed. Fresh Crisp and clean is how I would describe the room. The Inn uses top quality towels and sheets.
We had asked Raymond, the desk clerk, where to go get a bite to eat. He recommended 3 or 4 places. He soon found out he was spot on. We actually only went to one place and went there 4 nights while in Bar Harbor because it was so good...Side Street Cafe... We talked to other guests staying at Moseley Inn and we all agreed Raymond knew the restaurants. Since we were staying on the first floor and I was in the Parlor often I would hear people coming in and thanking him for his advice on things to do and places to eat.
We stayed at the Inn where breakfast is included. Mary is the lady who does the baking. Tarts, Muffins, Scones,cookies are all wonderful and look as if they were taken from a magazine cover. Mary made an apple tart one morning that no one wanted to take a piece because it was picture perfect. Once a slice was taken it quickly vanished. We got spoiled on the baked goods there. Presentation perfect breakfast plates and baked goods. We are home now and had to settle back into the the hum drum boring baked goods we get here. We are having withdrawals. I must mention the fruit salad they had was ripe. That is rare when you have a fruit salad on a breakfast buffet. Most places just cut them up and half the time the fruit is hard and no taste. Not here, its fresh and ripe. Scott was in the kitchen cooking the eggs and other breakfast items. The eggs Benedict looked perfect. The Hollandaise sauce was made fresh by Scott and several table mates said it was wonderful.
We will come back again and always recommend the Inn or Hotel to our friends that have never been up to Bar Harbor or stayed at a B&B. The location is easy walking to shops and restaurants. Its quiet. The Wi-Fi was super fast and we enjoyed the cookies,scones and muffins in the foyer in the evening. The Inn is amazingly restored Victorian BTW. We liked the easy access to Acadia and other parts of the island without having to drive through the cruise ship crowds to get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a quiet side street in downtown Bar Harbor, the Moseley Cottage Inn & Town Motel have welcomed visitors for many years. Built in 1884, this charming Victorian bed and breakfast inn offers a private haven off the beaten path. The Victorian Inn maintains a sense of history with original fireplaces, private balconies, gleaming hardwood floors. The Inn rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques and updated fine linens, Turkish towels, Sterns and Foster Beds and WiFi throughout. A delicious full breakfast is included with the Inn. Motel guests are welcome for breakfast for an additional charge. WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV, mini frigs, hair dryers, self serve coffee/tea and afternoon cookies are some of the amenities to enjoy while your stay in the Inn and Motel. The In-Town Location and friendly local staff all make this a most memorable and wonderful experience for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Hotel Bar Harbor
- Moseley Cottage And Town Hotel
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Motel Bar Harbor, Maine