Stayed 4 nights September 2008
New Owners from April 2008, so earlier reports may not apply.
Location: Atlantic Ave, Bar Harbor. Central to town but also very quiet-effectively in a no through road. Though ‘motel’ appears in the name don’t let this put you off, it is not what one usually thinks of as a motel. Very good for getting about Mount Desert Island.
Welcome very warm and friendly; coffee / tea + cookies available on help-yourself basis. Owner and other staff provided very helpful information about the town facilities, places to walk and visit as well as places to eat, from the better basic level to ‘good dining’ locations.
Four of us had two rooms, Nos. 4 and 10, both ground floor in the ‘motel’ for four nights. No. 10 is large and spacious, with one queen (British: King-size) bed, chairs and a 3-seat sofa. There is no other room above it. Not surprisingly, a higher rate is charged than for the other ‘motel’ rooms. Nos. 1-4 have rooms 5-8 above them (no No. 9). No. 4 has two double-beds and correspondingly less floor space. Rooms had refrigerators-very useful.
There are tables and chairs outside on a lawn under pleasant trees for relaxation, as well as the main house verandah.
Everything is very clean. Room staff very pleasant and cheerful. There is an option to take breakfast in the Inn ($10) for which notice is required the previous evening. We were not organized enough to use this arrangement.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and recommend it strongly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a quiet side street in downtown Bar Harbor, the Moseley Cottage Inn & Town Motel have welcomed visitors for many years. Built in 1884, this charming Victorian bed and breakfast inn offers a private haven off the beaten path. The Victorian Inn maintains a sense of history with original fireplaces, private balconies, gleaming hardwood floors. The Inn rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques and updated fine linens, Turkish towels, Sterns and Foster Beds and WiFi throughout. A delicious full breakfast is included with the Inn. Motel guests are welcome for breakfast for an additional charge. WiFi, air conditioning, cable TV, mini frigs, hair dryers, self serve coffee/tea and afternoon cookies are some of the amenities to enjoy while your stay in the Inn and Motel. The In-Town Location and friendly local staff all make this a most memorable and wonderful experience for you and your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Hotel Bar Harbor
- Moseley Cottage And Town Hotel
- Moseley Cottage Inn And Town Motel Bar Harbor, Maine