Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Acadia Hotel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Balance Rock Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Morgan House Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
The Central House(Bar Harbor)
ANCHORAGE MOTEL(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
1,082 results
All reviewssconesbubbles roomb bnorumbega roomquiet side streeteden roomprivate porchjordan pondbaked goodsthird floorwithin walking distanceshore walkbreakfast was deliciousperfect locationthe main dragbed and breakfastshops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We visited Acadia and Bar Harbor for the first time over Columbus Day weekend. Only having 2 and 1/2 days there, our family of four (2 parents, 2 teenagers) wanted a location that was within walking distance of town and an easy drive to trails in Acadia. Moseley Cottage Inn was perfect on all accounts. Once back from the park, we left the car in their lot and walked one block from our quiet side street right into the center of Bar Harbor. Pam's recommendations for restaurants were great--in fact, we loved the Side Street Cafe so much, we ate two dinners there! The Precipice Room on the 3rd floor was one of the largest rooms in a B & B that we've ever seen! Everything was clean, comfortable and convenient. Coffee, tea and cookies were always available in the lobby, and the full breakfasts held us over until dinner. We loved that we could each choose our own hot entree, accompanied by fresh fruit, yogurt, homemade granola, pastries and breads. I have never written a review for a property, but our experience at Moseley Cottage Inn was so enjoyable, I felt an obligation to let others know about it.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the Precipice Room on the 3rd floor. Very quiet and sunny, with more than enough space for 2 beds, a cot, and baggage for four.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank Maxine859
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Moseley Cottage Inn and Town Motel. We stayed in the motel section and were very happy with our choice. The motel is like an older motel with outside entrance and a real key, which is different from the modern hotels, but the room was clean, comfortable and everything we needed for our stay. We felt very safe in the room and walking all around the area. We were traveling to several places in Maine and Canada during the week, so we only stayed for two nights. When we checked in, the lady was surprised we were staying such a short period of time. I wish we had stayed for several more days as Bar Harbor was our favorite part of the trip. The Moseley is very convenient. It is just a short walk from the property to the center of Bar Harbor. Be sure to speak to the hostess when you check in about the different activities you want to do there. We got some great advice. They even loaned us a guided tour CD for Acadia National Park, which you need to be sure to do while there. We loved our stay!

Room Tip: We had a downstairs room in the motel, which was good for us.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KentAuburn
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Mosley Cottage Inn. It was so nice to find a B&B that had rooms with more than one bed. If you are traveling with kids, a husband who snores, or a friend you don't want to share a bed with, a B&B is usually not an option because they most often have only a queen or king bed. Our room on the main floor in the old library was incredible....lots of space, huge bathroom, and fantastic private porch. Visiting with other guests over morning coffee and breakfast was so relaxing. On my bucket list is another stay at this great property with nothing to do but enjoy the porch swing!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank wildcat10
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I had a wonderful week at the Moseley Cottage Inn. Pam was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was perfect- more than enough healthy options to keep you going for long days of hiking or exploring. The cookies available 24/7 in the foyer were insanely addictive.

I stayed in the Dorr room, which is a single, twin-bed room at the Inn. The pictures on the website don't do the room justice. While smaller, there was more than enough room for one person to relax comfortably- even for a week like me! No one wants to stay in their room all day when they're surrounded by Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park anyway! There was a small refrigerator and a 13" TV in the room. Everything was immaculately clean and the housekeepers were very friendly.

A huge Bullmastiff named Griffin also lives at Moseley but if you don't go searching for him you wouldn't even know he was there. He lives only in the private section of the house and is absolutely adorable!!! He never barks or makes any noise in case anyone has concerns about that.

Last but not least, I accidentally left my watch (not an expensive one, but still a good hiking watch all the same) in my room somewhere when I checked out. They mailed it back to me a few days later without my even calling or asking! I really hope the alarm didn't wake any other guests up in the middle of the night, but I really appreciate the awesome gesture of returning my watch.

The Inn is in a perfect location, has great food, wonderful staff, and is gorgeous in itself. I will definitely be returning. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank TheTravelingPotato
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This Inn (we were staying in the Inn rather than the motel section) gave us possibly the largest room we have ever had - with the attached private porch it would probably have easily housed a family of six with room to spare and we were just two. It was also full of beautiful old furniture and had a lovely swing on the porch. The service of the gentleman on reception was very helpful and informative and the tea/coffee and cookies available 24/7 were much appreciated. The breakfast was very tasty although perhaps the room used to serve it was a touch too small for the number of people being served. The location is also good for walking to dinner or shopping. Also having reserved parking is a big plus in a town which gets very crowded!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends