ALL of the bathroom was spotless - positively gleaming!
The air-conditioned room was large and included a refrigerator with freezer compartment, a desk with chair, a table with two comfy upholstered chairs, flat screen TV and two suitcase caddies. The bed ws comfy. Outside all of the rooms was a common porch with two chairs and a small table in front of each room. While the place is old, it was clean and comfortable and everything was in working order. Parking was ample. Location was great - 1.2 miles to the furthest end of Bar Harbor.
The complimentary breakfast was more than satisfactory. It included yummy blueberry muffins, plain and raisan bagels, a variety of yogurts, whole fruit (banana, apple, orange), instant oatmeal (choice of raisan or maple & brown sugar), some juices (orange and others), hard-boiled eggs, and excellent coffees (decaf and regular) and tea.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 day stay. Thinking hard, the biggest negative I can come up with was that the bathroom didn't have a lot of room for toiletries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine