This place made us smile! It was a step out of the chain type hotels and the resort mentality. We weren't sure about the motel set up but decided to give it a go. It was easy to find, and the front desk was very helpful. Our room was a bit retro-but that's part of it's charm. It was immaculately clean, and the room was super quiet to outside foot traffic and adjacent room noise that is all to common in the hotels we've stayed. Spacious and comfortable- it fit everything that we needed. Their continental breakfast was as good as any, and it was a 10 minute walk into town, (but it's an easy walk, with a sidewalk the entire way). We used this option a few times as parking in Bar Harbor was a bit hard to find in the afternoon and around dinner time. They are also the Acadia Park shuttle route, which seems convenient if it's a service that would be needed. Overall we were very happy with our stay and if we were to go back, we'd pick this place again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine