I am usually skeptical about motels, but Highbrook Motel really took me by surprise. The room smelt fresh and was impeccably clean! Cleanness is the most important criterion for me, so needless to say that this motel scored huge with me. The bathroom was spotless, with no trace of soap scum or mildew even at the toughest corners. The shower handle was so clean that it shined. The carpet looked new. The bed was quite comfortable. The bed linens were of relatively good quality. I am not sure if they just renovated the place. If not, the cleaning staff really deserve a gold medal. The cleanness even beats some 5 start hotels I stayed in before. The location is excellent too. It is tucked away in a quite wooded area just a short distance away from the too touristy downtown Bar Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Highbrook Motel rests on a 3 acre hillside, 1 mile from Downtown Bar Harbor. We are 1 mile from Acadia National Park. You can catch a free seasonal shuttle to town from the motel between 7am-10pm. All rooms are smoke-free and feature A/C, coffee makers, and Wi-Fi. All rooms have refrigerators and we offer complimentary coffee and tea all day. Our "Grab & Go" continental breakfast is also available each morning from 7am-10am. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Highbrook Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Highbrook Hotel Bar Harbor
- Highbrook Motel Bar Harbor, Maine