My wife and I discovered the Thornhedge on a recent trip to Maine and boy were we happy to have found it. Typically we stay in lower quality hotels/motels in the Ellsworth area however this time we really wanted to do the Bed and Breakfast thing. The Thornhedge is everything you could want in a getaway and more. The house is stunning and the antiques inside are just amazing, you almost feel like you're visiting a museum. The room we stayed in was so comfortable, and it was just nice waking up in the morning and feeling like you're at home.
Andrew, the innkeeper, knows everything about the town and gives really great pointers on where to go in the area. His hospitality was great and took care of all our needs.
The wine and cheese hour was a nice surprise after a day of adventure. Just relaxing with a glass of white wine and some crackers and meeting new people was a highlight.
We are looking forward to coming back next Summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine