My boyfriend and I stayed here for Labor day weekend and had the best time! It's definitely a long ride (4+ hours) from Boston to Bar Harbor so we were glad that our room was ready for us for an early check-in. We didn't spend a lot of time IN the room - as we kept our days pretty busy. We were in the room on the bottom floor (not sure of the name) it was very quaint and had everything that we needed.
The hotel is only a 2 minute walk from the harbor and all of the restaurant and shops so it's definitely a perfect location. The inn-keeper, Andrew, was also very helpful with restaurant suggesstions and hikes in Acadia.
Here's a couple of things we did over the weekend:
1. Watch the sunrise on Cadillac mountain
2. Hike up Beehive trail and Precipice
3. Take the Schooner sunset cruise (bring your own wine/beer and maybe some cheese)
4. We are golfers but not too experienced - so we headed over to Winter Harbor to Grindstone Neck golf course. A little pricey but we had basically the course to ourselves and the oceanviews from a couple of the holes were awesome.
5. The Dog & Pony Tavern is a fun spot for some after dinner drinks. It's a bar that feels/looks like a tree house.
6. Atlantic Brewery Tour / Definitely try the BBQ there
I absolutely love the views, food and everything about Bar Harbor.. such a fun place - we packed a lot into only a couple of days so hopefully next time we can stay a little longer :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine