There are many B&B, hotels, motels etc on and near Bar Harbor. Glad we found this one! The owner, Andy, makes all feel welcomed. I read a past review that suggested there wasn't any solid breakfast - which is why we initially thought the price was cheaper than others. Truth is - I bet those reviewers didn't sit down and wait for Andy to bring his gourmet creations from the kitchen. The food was amazing - and I mean amazing! The rooms were very comfortable, we stayed in one of the 3 downstairs. Ceiling fan was a bonus, and even in August, we could sleep with the windows open. It is in walking distance (~2-3 blks) of all the downtown attractions and free shuttle to Acadia. Well, well, well worth everything. Very VERY clean too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine