Had two nights booked here over Memorial Day weekend. After arriving and staying the first night, we decided to book two additional nights. If your staying in Bar Harbor stay here and let me tell you why: First the house is beautiful and you can walk everywhere which is a HUGE plus because parking fills up quickly. Second the innkeeper Andrew is really on top of his game. I've never stayed somewhere where someone went consistently out of their way to provide top notch service and hospitality. Finally, the breakfast is outstanding. We looked forward to it every morning. Andrew also does wine and cheese (along with other appetizers that he prepares on a whim daily) that was a great time to get to know the other guests. Very impressed and will definitely be returning soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thornhedge Inn is an authentic Bar Harbor classic summer cottage. This centrally located bed and breakfast is in the Historic Corridor District in the heart of Bar Harbor. Walk to restaurants and shopping or take a short drive into Acadia National Park, and all the extreme or relaxing activities our island has to offer. Wholesome breakfasts, afternoon wine and cheese. Every room has a private bath and some have a fireplace or private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Thornhedge Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thornhedge Hotel Bar Harbor
- Thornhedge Inn Bar Harbor, Maine