We just returned from our trip--Mount Desert Island is amazing! While this motel is not in Bar Harbor proper, (it's on Eastern Bay), it is a cute, quiet and convenient spot to stay. For our family, it was exactly what we were looking for.
Pros: We got a family unit with stove, half refrigerator and microwave, with a King bed out front and two twins in the small second room. It was clean and suitable for a family of four. The location was perfect for us; right next to the campground where the FREE shuttle takes you in town, to the National Park, or most other popular locations on the island. There is a lobster pound right across the street where you can eat in or take away lobsters, and a cute mini golf course. The bus trip to the National Park visitor's center is very short (10 minutes), the bus trip to Bar Harbor Village Green is not very long. (15-20 minutes?) The property is quiet, well maintained, and there are chairs and a covered patio on the front lawn for book reading and lounging. (Not too many mosquitos, but some. :) The staff was nice, and helpful, and we would stay again. This was the most affordable place we could find for the size we needed on the island.
Cons: The king room dresser drawers smelled strongly of mildew when we opened them, so we didn't use them. The twin bedroom drawers were fine. The bathroom is very small, but clean. The pool was supposedly heated, but my son couldn't tolerate how cold it was, and older guys in the pool said it was very chilly.
So, overall, we got what we expected, and would stay again if we were bringing the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on 6 acres of lawn and trees, just 2 miles before the Hulls CoveVisitor's Center for Acadia National Park, our family owned and operated motel offers 22 clean, affordable,comfortable rooms. Our guests say the eclectic decor gives our rooms a nice homey feel. A place to just relax and enjoy being in Maine. The rooms vary in size from the economy queen unit to a spacious king kitchen. For families we offer the roomy 2 queen bed units with or without a kitchen to the spacious two room kitchen unit. They feature one king, 1 or 2 queen beds and two room units with 1 king and 2 twins, 5 kitchenettes, all rooms have a refrigerator,hair dryer and in-room-coffee, king rooms include a mirowave. The 48 foot ,outdoor pool is open and heated from late June to Labor Day. There are picnic tables, lawn chairs and a gazebo for guest use. There is a woodland path to the property next door to our right which features a restaurant, ice cream shop and general store. Across the street is Pirates Cove Adventure Golf, a 2nd restaurant and gift shop. The Island Explorer Shuttle bus has a scheduled stop right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Acadia Pines Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Pines Hotel Bar Harbor
- Acadia Pines Motel Bar Harbor, Maine