“A great find in Bar Harbor!”

The Dog and Pony Tavern
Ranked #50 of 153 Restaurants in Bar Harbor
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Dog and Pony Tavern is a unique dining and drinking spot that is hidden in a cluster of trees off the beaten path in Bar Harbor. Those who are adventurous enough to find it will enjoy cheap but delicious cocktails and meals in the "treehouse" beer garden, outdoor gazebo bar, or may find themselves at the indoor dining area watching the day's sports game. D 'n P (as the locals call it, short for Dog and Pony) opens at 11:00 am for lunch and drinks and stays open until 1 am! Food is served until 12:00am, but after the tavern closes at 1 am in the summer, a take out window opens, and food is available from 1am 'till approximately 2am. It's a great peaceful place to eat and drink during the day and a happening night spot after the sun sets. In 2010, Dog and Pony was voted #1 Patio Dining and #1 Night Spot! Locally owned and operated, the DnP offers a unique Bar Harbor experience you can't find anywhere else!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

A very helpful local man told us about this place as we didn't want to be around a lot of tourist, not that we aren't ones ourselves, but....and we fell in love with this place. Our waitress was great and as other's have mentioned, the lobster bisque is the best I've ever had! My friend had a salad and asked for crabmeat instead of chicken on it, and it turned out great! My other friend had a lobster roll which was awesome and such a good price. Overall great menu with many selections I would have loved to try. Lobster or seafood chowder is usually twice the price we paid here. Great selection of beers on draft, super location and love the outside seating. Would highly recommend this place to get out of the hustle of the main area.

1  Thank Dwight D

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The food was excellent and my server was great. She went out of her way to have the chef make a lobster flatbread, which was delicious. Then we had a lazy man's lobster dinner which mean they take the lobster out of the shell. Yea.

1  Thank Kstreet5
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My husband and I are spending several days in Bar Harbor. We have enjoyed Lobster Dinners, Lobster Rolls and Lobster Bisque. Our favorite Lobster Bisque is at The Dog and Pony Tavern. It is off the main street and beside a big parking lot... although finding an empty spot is a challenge. We have been back twice for the bisque. The cup is just a little over $5 and the bowl is a little over $7. The first time my hubby had a lobster roll; it was good and reasonabley priced ($12) and the second time he had a steak and cheese roll (also delicious!!) We didn't have to wait either time and had great friendly service.

1  Thank Tabatha F
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a casual restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining. We liked the food so much we went back the following night. We sat outdoors under the trees. Had the flat bread and lobster bisque. Both were excellent.

1  Thank sherm_5738
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had to wait an hour and a quarter for a table, this place was THAT good. The bread for our sandwiches was fresh and creative. My wife's reuben was delicious as were my son's and my sandwiches. A great place but make reservations in advance because it has a good rep, so it's crowDED!

1  Thank Steven58Princeton_NJ