“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”

Sea Venture Boat Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Highly personalized custom boat tours for private parties of from 1 to 6 passengers. Widest selection of trip options of any boat tour company in Maine with trips from 1 hr to all day long. Every trip custom designed around the interests, timetable, and budget of our guests. See and experience wildlife, lighthouses, scenic islands, shoreside mansions, and anything else that strikes your fancy. All trips are totally private with only members of your party aboard.
Chapin, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This August made our 10th yearly trip to Bar Harbor. We always try to do something new each year and this year it was a trip with Capt. Winston Shaw. Wonderful experience seeing the outer islands and wildlife, as well as hearing the history of the islands and people that own them.
Very informative. You will not regret the trip and is worth every penny charged. Fun, educational and the natural beauty cannot be beat. Capt. Shaw is great, very knowledgeable about the area. GO, YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Visited August 2013
Capt12, Owner at Sea Venture Boat Tours, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experiences with others and I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.

Washing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great way to see the Island and very informative”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

One of my favorite experiences on MDI. Showed us lots of amazing houses and many beautiful sites in Acadia. Extremely knowledgeable, we ask millions of questions and he was never stumped! I recommend him to everyone I know that goes to MDI.

Visited August 2013
Capt12, Owner at Sea Venture Boat Tours, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words. It's always good to hear that folks enjoyed their trip
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Boat tour”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Winston is the best. He gave us a great nature tour. We asked him to find seals and he found us tons of them. We had a great time!

Visited July 2013
Capt12, Owner at Sea Venture Boat Tours, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks so much for the great review. We aim to please here at Sea Venture and it always feels good to learn that we've met our guests expectations! Hope to have you join me again for another on the water look at this wonderful area.
Atlanta
“Boat Tour Extraordinaire”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Eagles, ospreys, harbor porpoises, cormorants, stories about lobstermen and lobstering, sea kayaking, weather patterns and the habits of Mainers. Two adult types and two teenagers were enthralled for six hours alone with Winston Shaw. All voted the day with him the best of 6 days in Maine. He has researched eagles for years, has tales about geology, ecology, boats, and probably any topic or creature that arouses your interest. And the beauty of the islands and coast. We will be returning to Maine for another healthy dose of his wisdom and humor.

Visited July 2013
Capt12, Owner at Sea Venture Boat Tours, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
I was so pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your trip and I would look forward to having you all join me for another on the water look at this incredibly beautiful area.
Orlando, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic Private Boat Tour off Bar Harbor”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We were only visiting Bar Harbor for one day (by cruise ship) and wanted to see the area from a different perspective - the water. We were also very interested in photographing the eagles, seals, and other wildlife found in the area. After researching online, I discovered the positive reviews for Sea Venture Boat Tours and contacted Capt. Shaw. Unfortunately, he was already booked for that morning, but we arranged to meet him in the afternoon for a two hour tour. He was right on time, and provided us with great stories and great scenery! Best of all, we were able to take some good photos of the wildlife, islands, and shorelines. I only wish we would have had more time, but we had to get back to the cruise ship. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting the Bar Harbor area. Just make sure to reserve as early as possible, as he does book up - and you will be able to request the amount of time you need. (I would recommend a minimum of 3 hours).

Capt12, Owner at Sea Venture Boat Tours, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your trip, and thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with other visitors to Bar Harbor. Thanks, as well, for pointing out that it is wise to book as much ahead of time as possible...as my services have grown in popularity over the past two decades it has become impossible to accommodate everyone. The usual solution would be to buy a bigger boat and load on 50 people per trip but that would make it impossible for me to continue to offer personalized trips designed around the individual guests interests and timetable.