Bar Harbor Oceanside KOA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$131
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$102
Bar Harbor Villager Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
Bar Harbor Manor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$162
Travelocity
The Colony on Frenchman's Bay(Hulls Cove)(Great Value!)
US$104
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$68
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$162
Hotwire.com
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
US$245
Hotwire.com
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
All reviewsfire pitpancake breakfastdeluxe cabinlobsterocean frontfull hookupsfire antscole slawmost beautiful places in the worldcampground staffgreat campgroundtree coverline stopsbeautiful place to walk aroundrv campingself containedbathrooms and showers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife, 2-year old daughter and I stayed in a small cabin for two nights while exploring the area. Our check-in time wasn't until 3pm so we arrived slightly after 4 as Bob and Kathy were closing up shop. They informed me that the company asks them to close early so they don't work overtime. That's not easy for customers that arrive in the evening as they must register in the morning. Luckily we were there in time to get our key and other area information.

Our daughter enjoyed the small pool. Though, while small, there is a steep drop from 3ft to about 8 or 9ft and the bottom is very slippery. When it came time for dinner, we were going to buy firewood outside the store (which had closed right after we arrived) but it was $6.30 a bundle. I decided to drive down the street where I could buy a similar bundle for $3.00. Unfortunately, because it had rained the day before, our wood was not entirely dry so it made starting a fire more difficult.

The campground has special discounts for area attractions, use this. We saved $14.00 for the three of us to go whale watching. We reserved the trip with the company and then had KOA call over to them with a discount code to add to our reservation. It worked out well except that our trip saw no whales which means we have three years to reschedule.

If we had been there longer, we would have utilized the free bus service into town connecting to areas in Acadia National Park. Since we had limited time, we drove wherever we needed to go.

I found the bathrooms to be a bit gross. The toilets don't work very well and the building seems to smell. I opted to avoid the bathrooms at the campground as much as I could while also not showering for the two days we were there.

Our daughter got really sick on our second night which required us to do an unexpected load of laundry. However, because it was late and we didn't have any change, we could not do laundry as the laundry room had no change machine. I waited until morning to go to the store to get change.

Bob and Kathy are very understaffed at this particular KOA, but they do their best and are very personable. The campground was pretty clean for the most part and a nice place to stay. No rowdy people either.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Wifi basically isn't of any use.
Only very few showers and toilets. Good that there were only few others at the site.
Be ware that the office closes already in the afternoon.
Nice small pool.
A good thing about the campground is that is on Mount Desert Island. I guess that's why there are two KOAs very close.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Third time (or is it fourth?) at KOA Oceanside and I figured its about time to jot down how wonderful it is. Tent only site right by the water was excellent - wander down, play in the tide pools, dig for mussels, take a swim, watch the seals in the water. Staff are more than helpful, from check-in to area orientation to looking after any needs through the week. The pancake breakfast on weekends is a must by the way. Of course the surrounding area is simply stunning - biking the carriage trails, hiking Gorham, spotting a bald eagle, swimming at Sand Beach...that's for another review I guess. Anyway, no hesitation whatsoever, we'll be back with the three kids before long.

Room Tip: The tent site on the water front are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The staff at the KOA Oceanside was amazing. They were friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived. I especially enjoyed having lobster steamed at the campsite and eating it in the RV. The sites in the water were excellent. Everything was great. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

So we have two kids 6 and 8 .. And girls no less and wanted to brave a camping trip! We were tenting so opted for a site right along the water... Thinking it would be closer to the water than we were but we did have a perfect view. (We even saw dolphins pass on by) When we got there the staff was great and showed us right to our site. We didn't spend too much time at the campground so I can't speak to any activities that they had. Bathrooms and showers (not coin operated!! ) were clean !! They scrubbed them every morning too ! My two little girls who barley like to shower at home had no problems ! We always had hot water for every shower! Laundry facility was very clean and was a sure rescue at 4 am one night after a bad rain storm ! Our site was clean and level, other campers were friendly and respectful... And yes there are Mosquitos ... Because your camping ... In the woods !!!! And there were some fire ants too. Bring lots of bug spray you'll be fine ! We did pancake breakfast on sat am before we left ... And it was cool ! Highlight of our week for the girls mr pancake artist is something to see !! Overall stay was amazing and we are sure to come back... This is coming from a girl who hasn't been camping since I was a kid (32 now) and I haven't stayed in an hotel room that's cost less than $300 a night in YEARS !!! You must stay here !! We will be back !

• Stayed: July 2013