“Amazing.....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor Campground KOA
miami, fl.
“Amazing.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2009

We absolutely loved this place. Full disclosure: This was our first camping experience,(as adults) and we didn't even stay in a tent, we rented one of their Airstreams & one of their cabins. The location on the water was fantastic. I was abit apprehensive at first as I thought with young kids it would be dangerous being on the water, but they had a blast. At low tide we would go on the rocks and make stone statues and skip rocks, they loved it. There are several activities during the days to keep the kids busy, though we were not able to participate in any of them. They have a small cafe, where they show movies at night, and serve breakfast on weekends. A small playground, small store (with your usual overpriced sundries!). One thing I thought was odd was that their showers were co-ed. I don't know if this is common. I remember the KOA I went to as a child, they had seperate showers for men & women. Even so, the showers were clean and satisfactory. The camground also has bike rentals, which I thought was resonable at $5.00 per hour. They aren't your standard bikes & our kids had fun trying to manuver them. The sites are close to each other. As I mentioned, we had two side by side, so we didn't mind, but I could see how I would have felt awkward had we had strangers next to us. As far a the RV sites, they also looked quite close. While I don't have a reference point, I can't imagine being happy in any of the sites I saw. I think the location of our cabin & airstream was actually the best one in the entire park!! I can't speak highly enough about the airstreams. They are in excellent condition. Quite comfortable and perfect for city folk like us who want to experience nature with the comforts of home!! The cabins were also excellent and sufficiently spacious. There is a pizza place across the street that delivers in case, like us, you get back too late one night to start the BBQ. The IGA is about a 7 mile drive. I would repeat this vacation in a heartbeat. It was so wonderful all the way around. What a magical place!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mabellaMiami_Fl_

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2009

We love this place. We stayed here over Memorial Day with adult friends and are bringing the kids and grandkids for Labor Day. It has enough activities yet remains quiet enough to really feel and enjoy nature and the changing waterscapes. The pie lady that comes around in the afternoon has the best blueberry pie!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Iselin, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Bar Harbor KOA on Aug 9, 2008.

For us, this campground was just a place to stay overnight while we were enroute to our final destination.

Acadia National Park is a few miles down the road, so we spent the day before and after touring the national park.

This KOA maintained the same high standards expected of KOA campgrounds. The campground was clean and well marked. The shower and restroom facilities were clean and in good working order. The showers were a little small but acceptable.

We had tent campsite 409 which was near the water but not exactly next to it. We had a reasonable view of the water but had hoped for a campsite near the water's edge on the beach.

The biggest negative for this campground was the closeness of the campsites. Our campsite was hardly 10 feet from the adjacent one. Other campsites were equally close together.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The Sunday morning pancake breakfast for $4 was good. It consisted of 2 large pancakes, sausages, juice, and coffee.

Like hotel chains, you know what to expect from a KOA brand campground. The nightly rate for our tent site was about $55 and is expensive for a campground. Bar Harbor has many more campgrounds, but I do not have any information about them.

The camp store sold firewood for $6 per bundle, but nearby places outside of the campground sold them for $2 to $3 per bundle.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed there july 2008 and had a great experience. The staff was friendly and wonderful to deal with. Stayed at the woodlands and the original campground. In the original we stayed at site 405, one of the deluxe tent sites. It is right on the water, possibly the most beautiful campsite I have ever seen.

The price was high ($54) and I would have not paid that much if I didn't have site 405 (the other deluxe sites are not as nice).

The bathrooms and showers are clean. As I mentioned, the cost was high, but it was worth it for us.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kennyBNewbrunswick
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2007

This campground was spotless! Bathrooms were the cleanest I've ever seen in a campground. It seemed like workers were always around cleaning up the place. Stayed 3 nights in a tent on a site close to the water--it was really beautiful to sleep to the sound of the water and enjoy the spectaular sunset from our tent. Mornings were a little windy in the tent. A little pricey but a great camping experience

• Stayed September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank djw046
Narrows Too Camping Resort
Asticou Inn
Asticou Inn
#1 of 2 in Northeast Harbor

Been to Bar Harbor Campground KOA? Share your experiences!