“One of the most memorable experiences I've had!”

Atlantic Climbing School
More attraction details
Owner description: Named BEST OF MAINE by Down East Magazine! Featured in the New York Times! For 20 years Atlantic Climbing School has been the leader in rock climbing instruction and guiding in Maine. Healthy fun for the whole family! Half day and full day courses are available for individuals, couples, families and groups of all ages and ability levels. As Maine's premier rock climbing school we guarantee the best instruction, the most experienced guides and of course, the most rewarding rock climbing experience you'll ever have. All of our staff are certified AMGA Instructors and Guides and we are proud to be the ONLY guide service in Maine to have this distinction. In fun, in professional commitment, in everything we do - at Atlantic Climbing School, WE CLIMB HIGHER. All equipment provided. No experience needed! Accredited by the American Mountain Guides Association
Southwest Harbor, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the most memorable experiences I've had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We went to Otter Cliffs for my first real rock climbing experience. I just turned 60 and decided it was time to get out of my "comfort zone". Mission accomplished! My guide (Dane) was super focused on my safety as well as making sure I felt confident and comfortable with the repel and climb back out. I had a blast! I did four different climbs and will definitely do it again. The scenery is spectacular and what a great workout.

1 Thank Janet S

Brick, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome guide & great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

They did a great job giving us an awesome climbing experience. Our guide was very happy to be there, and explain everything to us! It was foggy and misting the day we went but the views on Otter Cliff were stunning, and the climbing was great and challenging!

Bar Harbor, Maine
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing experience for first time climbers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Not only was the scenery beautiful, but our guide was awesome. Eli knew every nook and cranny to guide us up the five different climbs that we did on our half day. He was friendly, funny and made us feel so comfortable as new climbers. I would highly recommend this to everyone! Worth the money plus some!!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We did a 4 hour session with Ryan at Otter Cliffs and it was perfect. He was so friendly and professional and taught me the basics of setting up. Everything was so safe. The three of us took turns climbing and did 3.5 climbs each. My favorite was the chimney one, the most famous in Acadia. With the Atlantic Coast under us and waves crashing into the walls we're climbing above, it was beautiful and so much fun.

Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“ELI and RYAN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Damn!! We put our lives in these people's hands. It was awesome. We were complete mountain climbing, rock climbing and let alone wall climbing moron group. They were very hospitable people with extensive knowledge of every corner of Otter cliffs wall. Have fun with these guys. Every dime we spend as a group of four was worth it.Don't forget to tip these people.They know their business really well. Eli and Ryan thank you again for your hospitality.

Visited May 2014