“DIRTY! Pillows smelled like dirty feet! Plastic over the mattresses! So disgusting. Hammocks are more comfortable than the beds!”
Review of Edenbrook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Edenbrook Motel
Ranked #29 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Book this place if you really want to upset your wife. Seriously, this place is the pits. Stay ANYWHERE else. Pillows smelled like dirty feet. The beds are from the 1950's evidently because they sag almost all the way to the floor... AND they are covered in plastic to keep 'fluids' off so you are reminded of the disgusting bed you are in everytime they crinkle when you toss and turn in discomfort and disgust. The fitted sheets are so old that all of the elastic is gone, so just from the sagging of the horrible mattresses the corners come off constantly and you end up directly ON the nasty plastic cover! We have traveled extensively and never stayed somewhere we forfeited our money to stay somewhere else until Edenbrook. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this dirthole.

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank TravelerNotTourist82

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Had a special rate for College of Atlantic Graduation. Perfect location for that, right across (busy) street. Easy walk to town. Even though we were in the first building you are far back from the road. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean, not huge but we had 4 people in there and we fit! This is an older place - not a Best Western kind of room, so if that's what you want pay a lot more and stay at one of them, but if you want a nice, clean, homey place stay here and spend the money you save in all the Bar Harbor stores!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura P
Reviewed 24 June 2011

If you want artsy wall decor, a table runner across your featherbed and chocolates on your pillow, then this place is not for you. If you want a classically simple and clean room to sleep and shower up in, this is perfect. The white bedspreads were spotless, the walls were clean and the staff friendly and accommodating. We were not looking for frills or luxury, just getting to the point when pitching a tent and sleeping with the sweat and mosquitos was a part of the experience that we could do without. We stayed here in late June just before summer rush-- the weather was beautiful and the location was only a hop and a skip into the historic downtown Bar Harbor area, and over to Acadia National Park. Walk across the street to check out the Natural History Museum at the College of the Atlantic, too. And free WI-FI! We will definitely stay here every time we return to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Phoenix095
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I spent alot of time on internet looking for an affordable place to stay in Bar Harbor during their high season of fall foliage. If you are on a budget or just don't want to pay alot of money for a room you are never in...this is a great choice. What worked well for my circumstances is I was able to get a 2 bedroom motel room for only $90. Was extremely satisfied (although I had an idea of exactly what I was reserving, so was not surprised). Very clean, which is really the only thing I care about.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank gooseberries47
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We booked this motel as it was the cheapest non-camping accommodation within walking distance of Bar Harbor. Indeed, it was the cheapest motel we could find on Mt. Desert Island.

The rooms were very clean, and although not 'luxury' contained everything we needed: Cable T.V., full bathroom, coffee making facilities and a fridge. Our room also had a pleasant balcony that didn't face onto the car park.

It is conveniently located 15 minutes walk from Bar Harbor and one the way to the main Acadia park entrance. All in all, perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanSudbery
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Stayed here 4th of July week. Very inexpensive rates. However, they are very clean I will give them that. It was a lot like staying in a place from the 50's. The room was adequate though. If you're looking for a place with a game room, exercise room, flat screen T.V's etc. Forget it. Also ice was impossible to find........had to buy it at the office (and they were closed when we needed it).If you stay here be very careful pulling into their parking lot, as it is very hard to find...they really need better signage for the entrance. Would I stay here again...yes.....if money is tight like it was this year. For Bar Harbor I would do it. It's worth it. The coffee maker in the room is a riot.....straight from the 50's -- go to a coffee shop.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dawn1226
Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel is quite nice, great value for the money and terrific location.
Biut here is the reason why i am putting this not good review:
I reserved this hotel about a month ahead of time. The person i spoke to was quite informative but instead of having any kind of confirmation email like most hotels do in 21st century, they send me a card. Then i needed to change dates of my reservation and spoke to a lady. I thought everything was set but when i called hotel on day of my arrival, turns out the lady screwed up everything and whole reservation was cancelled. Needless to say i was pretty upset as all of a sudden instead of having a relaxing evening in Bar Harbor, i had to scramble to find a hotel for the night. I drove to the office of this hotel to make sure i at least have a room for the folloing night. I was greeted by a guy in front desk (forget his name, I think starts with T) who seemed very strange. Was speaking very slowly, almost felt like he was smoking pot right before me. I asked if i could get some compensation / discount for the screw up, and he basically started telling me that it was not him who screwed up, he cant do anything, he cant buy my loyalty etc etc. Wrong thing to say Mr - this is purely business, you can absolutely buy my loyalty:)

So in nutshell, if you have no other choice, you can stay in this place, just make sure you triple check they still got your reservation. And if you have a choice that has same good location as this hotel, then i would avoid this place to be safe. Everyone can screw up, it happens, but most folks try to make amends and treat their customers right after they do screw up (not the case here).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple