“Extremely Clean and Comfortable!”
Review of Edenbrook Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Edenbrook Motel
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I have visited Bar Harbor every summer for the past 5 years and love staying at the Edenbrook. It is a basic motel with everything I would need for my stay. There's nothing fancy or extravagant to the room, but it was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable. I stayed in a room with 2 double beds in the third building off the road. For four 20 year olds, it was perfect! I couldn't get over how comfortable the bed was and how well I slept that night! For a very reasonable rate of 80 dollars plus taxes we got a room that supplied us with plenty of towels, coffee and tea right in the room, cable tv, heat and air conditioning (and suprisingly we needed the heat in july!) with a nice shower with good pressure. The bathroom was nicely cleaned and we liked the option of having a shower or bath. We stayed a total of three days, and the room was cleaned very promptly after we left in the morning.
The staff was very friendly and informative. I talked to the manager in the morning and he could tell me anything I wanted to know about the island. It looked as though it was a family business, because the maid that did our room was his daughter! She was very friendly and had some good recommendations for places to eat as well as an extremely good cleaner. Next summer I'll be sure to stay at Edenbrook, as I always do!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 June 2009

Location - less than a mile from downtown Bar Harbor and about a mile and a half to the entrance of Acadia National Park.

Noise level - we stayed in building 3 (building 1 is the closest to the road) and didn't hear any traffic. The only problems with noise were the grackles that tended to loudly crow around sunrise (which in June is before 5:00am) and the clanging of the water pipes in the morning when everyone seemed to be showering around the same time.

Room cleanliness - Very clean.

Accomodations - no frills with a very retro feel to the room (furniture, towel holders, nightstands, chairs, bathroom heater) are old, but all are clean and in excellent working order.

Value - we paid less than $50/night for a non-smoking queen in early-mid June - quite pleased with the price. The $ we saved on the room allowed us to splurge for a nice dinner in downtown Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2008

Our third time to Bar Harbor and our third time at the Edenbrook. Great rates, great views, great location. Equal distance between Downtown Bar Harbor and the entrance to Acadia NP make it a fantastic location for the price

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2008

This is a clean, basic, no frills motel. We chose it for its proximity to the CAT Ferry. All rooms are ground level.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fungilady
Reviewed 31 July 2008

I live in Maine, travel to Bar Harbor often, have a limited budget and I just can't make myself spend a whole lot of money on lodging. (I'd rather invest in other things.)

Of all the budget lodging choices in the Bar Harbor area, the Edenbrook is my choice.

Yes, it is dated, decorations are minimal, but it is spacious and always clean. And, I feel very safe.

You really can't beat the location right on the outskirts of downtown Bar Harbor, and it's set back from Route 3 just enough to cut out any traffic noise.

I also like the assigned parking spots right outside the door, which makes it very easy when I have a lot to carry and/or need to make a lot of trips back and forth to the car.

I only wish it had WIFI.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MicheleS
Reviewed 8 July 2008

We chose to stay in a room in the 4th building that had a view of Frenchman Bay. The room was very clean and spacious. We paid $100 a night + taxes. It was two- double bed room and the beds and linen were good too.

Our major suprise with this room was that we could catch the sunrise right from our beds! Heard of this anywhere?! You could watch the sun rising lying down in your beds through the picture window at this time of the year. It was a very pretty sight which I can never forget in my lifetime. Don't worry, they do have black out blinds if you don't want the sun to disturb you!

The balcony is not individual to each room. It is more like a verandah running the entire length of the building with doors from other rooms opening out too. So, not much of privacy, though there was no one else when we were there.

A little discomfort was there was no breakfast options nearby. There was a coffee maker in the room. This hotel is a little less than one mile from West St in BH.. so you could actually walk down if you don't want any hassle with parking.

I was expecting the hotel to be on the left as you arrive from Ellsworth since the room was supposed to have a view... but it is on the right and the 4th building is high up on the hill.

The staff (I think it was the owner herself) was very helpful and informative and answered all our questions very patiently.

If you have a small budget (or even otherwise), you may choose this without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank sukri
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Cleaner then some 4 stars I have stayed at. Staff was very nice and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo