We spent a great week here in a cottage for two. For the style of accommodation this was faultless - clean, well equipped kitchenette with two-rig electric, fridge, microwave, Mr Coffee coffee maker. Great attention to detail, too - so there were filters for the coffee pot, salt and pepper, dish-wash liquid. King size bed, two very comfortable easy chairs - same bedroom tv we have at home.
Daily room clean service and towels as needed. Nice inground pool - clean and btight.
The owners are very helpful, and were able to loan us a charcoal grill, and also an outdoor lobster boiler, so we could sit at the picnic table and eat our own locally caught lobster while sipping a cool one. Nice!
The location is pretty much just as you get onto Mount Desert Island, so it is about 10 minutes from downtown Bar Harbor - but nicely away from the bustle and traffic hassle of that area. It also makes it easy access to the quiet Western side of the Island.
Only two criticisms:
The mattress protector was pretty fierce on our king-size bed. I have no problem with a protector but it needed something between it and the sheets to stop it sounding so crinkly. I have never noticed this before so there must be som 'hoteliers' solution to the noise and clammy feeling.
The campus was very brightly lit at night. Understandable - but we missed out on stars.
I would certainly stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sunnyside Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Motel & Cottages Hotel Bar Harbor
- Sunnyside Motel And Cottages
- Sunnyside Hotel Bar Harbor
- Sunnyside Motel Bar Harbor
- Sunnyside Motel & Cottages Bar Harbor, Maine