The owners and staff were friendly. The motel was centrally located (about 15 minutes either way) between Bar Harbor/Acadia N.P. and Ellsworth, where you might find more of the usually shopping/dining resources. The accommodations were sufficient. The room (which included a small refrigerator) was clean. The bed was comfortable. The surrounding area was reasonably quiet, considering the main artery into/out of Bar Harbor passed by the motel. The pool was clean. We didn't use it, but it was clean. The hammock fit me perfectly.
All in all, this is a nice place to stay at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine