“FANTASTIC!!”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Upon my stay at the Belle Isle Motel I found it to be one of the best motels I have ever stayed in. First and For most The Owners Darren And Camille are just wonderful. They were so inviting and helped us with anything we needed whether it was directions or something for our room. I have to say that I wasn't the biggest fan of little ma and pa places until I had been here. It is just so much more personable. I have worked in the hotel/motel industry for almost a decade and I can tell you right now the way they run their business is top notch. Most of the time you find with small places like this is that there not always clean. That was the total opposite of what I found here. The rooms were quaint and very very clean. The staff other than Darren and Camille were very polite and friendly. It is close enough to Bar Harbor to just jump in the car and go but far enough away where you don't hit any of that downtown local traffic. Their grounds person/maintance man must keep up with the property regularly seeing how it was always looking good. They are doing some remodling/construction but none of it bothered me or my group and from what I understand they are remodling to better serve their clientel! I would recommend this motel to anyone taking any sort of trip to Bar Harbor. It fits all criteras and you'd be a fool not to stay here! Again The owners Darren and Camille are just what makes that property shine! Heres to 2013 WE WILL SEE YOU THEN!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Indrid_Cold20

Reviewed 8 October 2012

The motel's staff was very friendly and helpful, allowing us to check-in early. The grounds were in impeccable condition. The room furnishings were a bit dated but in good condition. We were pleasantly surprised to find a fridge, microwave, hair dryer & shampoo in the room - a rarity for motels we've stayed in.

The bathroom did not have a ceiling fan and we noticed moisture built up quickly in the room after a hot shower which might have been the cause of a musty smell in the room. The motel is pet friendly for a nominal $10 per night fee. The overall room rate is very affordable. If you're just needing a place to stay for a night to sightsee in Acadia, this is a good spot. However, for a lengthier stay we would not have been comortable. It is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Bar Harbor and eating choices near the motel were limited.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank uconn_cappy
Reviewed 28 September 2012

My room was small but it was very clean and had all the amenities. Some say the wifi didn't work. I don't need wifi. Why would I? I am on vacation!!! They gave me a room on the end in back and I could walk my dog on the trails to the small meadow. Very convenient. It had a small porch to enjoy. All in all with the reasonable price and convenience to just about everything, it was just right for my needs...and my dog's! I will come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Elle R
Reviewed 27 September 2012

we had booked 3 days here but we were disappointed in the motel....hey, I love good price and that it was... motel was clean ... this was 8 miles to Bar Harbor.. anyway they had advertised high speed internet... not so as in no internet (or as the young lady at the front desk said "its cloudy out") ... we asked to be given a refund and there were no problems with that....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We had a short stay at the Belle Isle motel in September, our second time there. The ownership has made so many nice improvements to the buildings and the entire property. This place has such a nice feel to it. The employees seem to be so happy, I asked our house keeper about it and her response was this...."It's easy to be happy at work when you like coming to work"....impressive. The rooms were very neat and clean. We noticed the biggest changes in our bathroom, the drain pipes used to be exposed and now they have a nice little vanity in them with storage under the sink. They have also added hairdryers as well, a very nice touch. I think what we enjoyed most was the friendly environment, everytime we turned around someone was saying hello with a smile on their face...not only people who worked at the motel but other guests as well. It was a very enjoyable stay for us, not to mention it is very inexpensive as well!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Noreen N
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This is a wonderful place if you are traveling alone. They have one-person rooms that are quite comfy, and all the amenities: fridge, coffee, desk, iron, hair dryer, tv, etc. Very clean. Play area for the kidddies and a pool, if you are with family. Great price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2012

If you are looking for a place to sleep while visiting the Bar Harbor area this is it. Inexpensive for the area. We had a double room with fridge and microwave. Room was just the right size. Not to big nor to small. We had room to move around. Wasn't thrilled with the location of TV as it was mounted near the ceiling but who needs to watch TV while in Bar Harbor. Internet for us was spotty at best. Mostly it didn't work. I switched to 3g when needed. Overall was very pleased with room and location. This will be my first choice for a room in this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple