“Warm, cosy and clean accompdations”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Kolkata
“Warm, cosy and clean accompdations”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was a surprise find. The room was small, but the warmth was big. The room and clean and neatly arranged. The staff were extremely, extremely friendly and helpful. The location is also very convenient. The start of the Loop Road of the Acadia National Park as well as the town of Bar Harbor is only minutes away. I will definitely stay here if I visit Acadia again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank travel_is_religion

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We picked the Belle Isle Motel because it was dog friendly and it had a place in the back, "Doggy Doo Lane" for our dog to run. The staff was awesome they were very good with suggestions of places to eat etc. The rooms are not big but have everything you need and out of the 4 places we stayed on this road trip I slept here the best. I wasn't thrilled about the plastic mattress cover crackling underneath me but besides that the bed was very comfortable. The room is a bit dated...no flat screen here but it was a very reasonable price. They have a coin laundry, bbq's, picnic benches, inroom fridge and coffee maker...there is even a toaster you can use in the laundry house, plus Keurig coffee in the reception area. And when I had to do some work the WIFI was very reliable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank WendyBDob
X
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Very pleasant dealings with the people running the Belle Isle motel- more specifically, I needed to contact them over the phone to solve a couple of issues after booking and they were very professional, personable and very understanding. I will definitely book again when visiting the area!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Salva T
Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stay at Belle Isle Motel in August 2013 and loved it. Friendly and accomodating Staff. The Motel is outside of Bar Harbor, however; there is free shuttle buses that pick you up right at the Motel. We were here a week and didn't have to get in our car once. I would recommend the Deluxe room verses the standard room. The standard room was way too small for two people. If we would go to Bar Harbor again, we would stay at the Belle Isle Motel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nikki B
Lakenheath, Suffolk
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We received a warm welcome on arrival at the Belle Isle. They had a good selection of leaflets for local information. The room was a reasonable size and very clean. We faced on to the road and there was some traffic noise, but it didn't disturb us. There was a guest laundry which I found useful; I needed extra change and the receptionist was happy to change notes for me. No breakfast is provided here but we knew that in advance so were prepared for that. The only negative point I can see is that the motel isn't within walking distance of anywhere to eat - but I could have checked that out better before I booked.

1 Thank Lucy A
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We enjoyed our brief stay at the Belle Isle Motel. The rooms are small but very clean & comfortable. They are fully equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, TV & good wifi. The owners are pleasant & the young woman at the front desk (I think her name is Ashley) is also very pleasant & helpful. The grounds are well-cared for & spacious. Although it was too cool for us to use the pool, we enjoyed sitting outside on the comfortable lawn chairs. There are numerous chairs, picnic tables & bar-b-ques on the grounds for guests' use. We hope to return next summer.

3 Thank gloriainmexico
Mass
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was greeted by a warm and friendly staff. We did not have a reservation, and our dog was also along for the trip. We were given a pet friendly room which was immaculate! Bathroom and Bedroom are nicely appointed , frig, desk, bed, and rocking chair. Room isn't terribly large but great for two people. The grounds were well manicured, and a very peaceful setting. It is easy to see that they keep up with the property. It is also evident that the staff takes pride in their job, which is a reflection on the super couple that own this little gem. Camille and Darren were so warm and friendly, my husband and I enjoyed a Sunday morning chat with them before we headed out. We felt right at home, it felt like we had been there before! I would recommend this great place to anyone traveling to the area. We were close to the town, and Acadia, approx. 7 mi. It was a very pleasant stay. We would love to return in the spring. Nafie & John

Room Tip: Room 25 was just big enough for 2, and a pet!