This is an older property that is very well mainained. As noted the rooms are small (they tell you that when you're booking), but clean and comfortble. We were looking for a place to sleep over a 4-day weekend and this fit the bill. Close to Acadia and Bar Harbor. Two firepits both lit every night, gave us a feel of camping out. Fridge in room is a nice touch, as is the high-speed wi-fi. Everyone on staff was quite pleasant and helpful. The rooms away from the highway seemed to be quieter at night.
We plan on staying there on our next visit to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine