I booked this hotel for an extremely low $45. I thought I had gotten an amazing deal but after arriving I saw that I got what I payed for. The first room, in the back building, was extremely small (no dresser). The biggest problem however were the thin walls. The building isn't built well so you hear everything. You hear your neighbors talking, cars pulling in and out, doors closing (sounds like slamming). I'm better at blocking out noise but my gf was miserable.
I then spoke with the extremely nice staff and they upgraded me to the front building for a low $56/night. This room was considerable larger, had a fridge, and dresser. The building also seemed built better. Unfortunately the walls were also thin, but a huge improvement over the previous room.
Bottom line: If you want an inexpensive place to stay and are a deeper sleeper, this motel will do the job. Rooms were very clean and service was great. Just make sure you get a room in the front building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belle Isle Motel is centrally located on Mt. Desert Island. We are minutes away from many activities and points of interest. If you like a clean simple room, relaxing surroundings away from the hustle and bustle and want to receive personal service, please join us! We want you to enjoy your visit to Mt. Desert Island and Bar Harbor so we do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Belle Isle Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Isle Hotel Bar Harbor
- Belle Isle Motel Bar Harbor, Maine