“For the money it was a clean, well run motel.”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Cumberland Md
“For the money it was a clean, well run motel.”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Any one that has any thing bad to say about this motel has to be looking for something for nothing. There was seven of us on motorcycles that all agree that we will stay here again. This was a very nice older motel, reasonalbly priced, CLEAN, and very well maintained motel. Roy and Katie bent over backwards to meet any of our needs.
Dennis Hoppert, Cumberland Maryland.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank DennisCumberlandMd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Enfield, CT
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Stayed August 12 and 13, 09. Our inexpensive room was small but adequate, very comfortable bed, super clean place, all the necessary basics. Nice people. Good coffee and pastries. Nice pool. Great shower. Great people. Best of all (and we know) NO BED BUGS!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dragonflysees
Rochester
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I have stayed here twice and will go back Granted the rooms are very small just enough room to walk around the bed. They are spotless. It is a older motel and the owners do a very good job keeping it in nice shape. They are great people and go the extra mile. I ride a motorcycle the gave me some old towels and Windex to clean my bike with. When i returned a year later they had them waiting in my room for me. The bed is very comfortable and when i am on vacation that is my main concern. They have a nice pool and laundry available.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank Johnd1962
New England
Reviewed 27 May 2009

I booked this hotel for an extremely low $45. I thought I had gotten an amazing deal but after arriving I saw that I got what I payed for. The first room, in the back building, was extremely small (no dresser). The biggest problem however were the thin walls. The building isn't built well so you hear everything. You hear your neighbors talking, cars pulling in and out, doors closing (sounds like slamming). I'm better at blocking out noise but my gf was miserable.

I then spoke with the extremely nice staff and they upgraded me to the front building for a low $56/night. This room was considerable larger, had a fridge, and dresser. The building also seemed built better. Unfortunately the walls were also thin, but a huge improvement over the previous room.

Bottom line: If you want an inexpensive place to stay and are a deeper sleeper, this motel will do the job. Rooms were very clean and service was great. Just make sure you get a room in the front building.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank neo_2000x
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 31 August 2007

We stayed during peak season 9th, 10th and 11th of August at Belle Isle Motel. It's $89 for a room with 2 double beds... cheaper if only 2 people. Of course it's not luxury... very very basic... you have to bring your own amenities (don't forget the hair dryer); they did have a loud AC, a good-sized refrigerator, a small bottle of shampoo no conditioner, clean towels everyday... it faces the highway but we really didn't hear the noise... it's not in Bar Harbor town but since you're driving, it's not a big deal ... about ten minutes from Acadia National Park... my favorite part of the hotel was the washer and dryer that guests could use...

Stayed August 2007