“A Fifties Dream”
Review of Belle Isle Motel

Belle Isle Motel
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 14 July 2010

Don't overlook this remarkable place because its cheap! It's actually perfect for a place to stay while visiting Acadia and Bar Harbor. The rooms are spotless clean and very small but fully outfitted with AC and coffee etc. It's a quiet place to sleep while traveling. The front desk is incredibly friendly and helpful. And, it has a classic perfectly maintained pool, which was irresistable after a hot day. Staying there was like a time-warp from my childhood family trips, and the so is the price. There is no downside. We stayed there just before the season rush.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curious1150

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Thank you Roy, for helping me with the all of my questions. I lost part of my cars exhaust on Bar Harbor Road, driving in the construction zones. He pointed me to the right direction to get it fixed since I have never been there before. My room was very clean and well appointed for the price, $49 a night. I decided to stay an extra day because there is so much to do on MDI. Great coffee and pastries in the office every morning. My room was in the back and you cannot here any of the traffic on the highway. Ask for a room in the back. I will go back to Belle Isle. I have too, I have a voucher to go on a whale watching tour because we didn't see any on my tour.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank aa_rum32
Reviewed 25 May 2010

My first time to Bar Harbor and stayed here, while the room was a bt small it served the purpose of a place for to rest my head after hiking all day and picture taking. I just rebooked for early summer 2010 cause the staff was very friendly the price was great.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2009

As several previous reviewers have noted, this motel is VERY CLEAN, well-run, and reasonably priced. The service (Katie and her furry assistant, Roxy) was warm and friendly :-) Everything I needed was provided (including the BEST FREE high-speed INTERNET on MDI) hat more can you ask for? The rooms are a bit on the small side, but the way the furniture is arranged within the space (e.g. the TV is mounted on the wall), it was perfectly fine and very comfortable. Not awkward at all. The refrigerator was a good size and almost new. I love the fact that I could park right in front of my room (how convenient!). The bathroom was new and immaculate, and the heater was very effective (I visited in October, so it was chilly in the evenings). If you are familiar with MDI and are traveling by car, I see no reason to stay in Bar Harbor and pay much higher rates. The hotel is just down down the road from the Hull's Cove entrance to Acadia National Park, so the location suited me just fine. Needless to say, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank upzang
Reviewed 31 August 2009

Any one that has any thing bad to say about this motel has to be looking for something for nothing. There was seven of us on motorcycles that all agree that we will stay here again. This was a very nice older motel, reasonalbly priced, CLEAN, and very well maintained motel. Roy and Katie bent over backwards to meet any of our needs.
Dennis Hoppert, Cumberland Maryland.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank DennisCumberlandMd
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Stayed August 12 and 13, 09. Our inexpensive room was small but adequate, very comfortable bed, super clean place, all the necessary basics. Nice people. Good coffee and pastries. Nice pool. Great shower. Great people. Best of all (and we know) NO BED BUGS!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dragonflysees
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I have stayed here twice and will go back Granted the rooms are very small just enough room to walk around the bed. They are spotless. It is a older motel and the owners do a very good job keeping it in nice shape. They are great people and go the extra mile. I ride a motorcycle the gave me some old towels and Windex to clean my bike with. When i returned a year later they had them waiting in my room for me. The bed is very comfortable and when i am on vacation that is my main concern. They have a nice pool and laundry available.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo