“Great location - friendly hosts!”
Review of Acadia Hotel

Acadia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We found the Acadia Hotel to be a great little spot in a very good location in Bar Harbor - easily within walking distance of everything. Our room was clean, quiet and very reasonably priced (we visited in the off season). Our hosts were very friendly and even cleared some unexpected snow off our car! We would definitely consider the Acadia Hotel for our next visit to Bar Harbor.

Room Tip: We enjoyed room #6 overlooking the park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Friendly staff made you feel welcomed right from the start. Big clean room and fantastic location which made the walking distance close to opened restaurants. Will definitely recommend hotel and will return again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maddie1064
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was a last minute trip to Bar Harbor on Columbus Day Weekend. The Park was closed to autos but open to walkers and cyclists, thanks to our government shut-down. This was my first time in Bar Harbor, although I've stayed other places around the Island. They are located in the perfect spot. I arrived late but was properly directed where to get my key and where the room was. I walked in the back entry and the first thing I noticed was the smell....it was clean and fresh like home. It felt warm and welcoming, even with no one around and it being midnight! I went up the main stairs to my room and the same experience as entering the Inn! The room was perfect and nicely decorated and fresh and clean! It really felt very comfy and warm!
The decor was bright and fun and the bathroom was clean and perfect.

I met the owner the next morning, Peter and he seemed to know just about everything, and always around doing stuff. I realized that's why this place is really really nice, he keeps it that way! the pride he takes in this place really shows. What really takes the cake is at 6 am and you wake up to the smell of fresh brewed coffee!! Really!
He gave me info about where to eat and best way to get to the park.....!
I ended up meeting other people on the staff and They all are truly one of the most pleasant groups I've ever met.
I have no need to even look for another place in Bar Harbor as this place has it all. I just hope we can get rooms here as my review will probably make it more difficult!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Shefra
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Acadia Hotel and had an excellent time. I was there celebrating my birthday and received a surprise gift! This hotel is located right in the middle of anything you would want to do in Bar Harbor! Thank you for the wonderful stay, we can't wait to come back and highly recommend it to all!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amifow
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Fantastic location, within walking distance of anywhere you'd want to go in Bar Harbor. Big clean room and an attentive owner made us feel at home. Offered info on dining options and where to go/what to do in the Park. Would definitely return.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagicTerp
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Acadia Hotel is a hidden treasure in Bar Harbor. It's quaint and more like a B&B than a hotel as all the rooms are different and beautiful. It's close to downtown and there are restaurants close by like the wonderful Irish Pub "Leary's Landing". The owners are often around are are helpful for get ideas on what to see in the area. There is a nice front porch that overlooks the park and everything is in easy walking distance including the water front.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 760Bill
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Acadia Hotel while attending a meeting in town. The staff was very friendly, and the hotel has a comfortable, clean feeling. It is clear that Peter and Christina have worked hard to modernize and enhance the many positive aspects of this hotel. I even came back one night to a small fire-pit lit on the front porch! What a great way to be welcomed from the cold winter air. I highly recommend the Acadia Hotel!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo