“Great inn and location”

Ranked #18 of 30 Bar Harbor B&B and Inns
Eagle, Idaho
“Great inn and location”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great place to stay!! Nice rooms,some very large, comfortable bed, great location, great staff and friendly. Plenty of parking. Close to Acadia National Park. Most rooms have access to deck. Very nice.

Room Tip: Check the website to choose the room you want
Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Maine
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in charge of organizing a tour to Bar Harbor for our car club and inquired at several places for a location to hold a Thursday evening welcome reception. We eventually chose the Ivy Manor Inn and it certainly was the right choice! Although the Inn's restaurant hadn't officially opened for the season when we were there, John and Christine went out of their way to organize a wonderful buffet for our group of 40. The food was excellent ... and it just kept coming!! There was absolutely no excuse for anyone to go away hungry! Most of our group had made prior lodging reservations at another location but one couple in our group stayed at the Inn and gave it a wonderful review. The Inn is perfectly located in downtown Bar Harbor, within very easy walking distance of all the shops and attractions. I would HIGHLY recommend the Ivy Manor Inn / Michelle's Restaurant for both lodging and dining if you ever visit Bar Harbor!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I found the Ivy Manor B&B while traveling through Bar Harbor last Fall. It was very charming. Being Innkeepers ourselves we were very pleased with the service, and the wonderful preparation of the food they served. John & Christine do a lovely job running this establishment. The rooms are done up in English Country which were charming. It reminded me of being in the Cotswolds of England. Breakfasts were very good, and we did have dinner in the restaurant one evening which we both enjoyed. We would definitely stay there again if we get back to Bar Harbor, which is one of our favorite vacation spots. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Starke, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I cannot say enough good about this B&B and Christine and John, the owners. They told us to make ourselves at home and they meant it. The food and service was out of this world. I will DEFINITELY be going back there. The restaurant was not open when I was there but Christine cooked breakfast every morning and Oh My... I loved the entire area and this is where I will be staying when I go back without a doubt. If you are going to Bar Harbor, Maine you have to try this B&B. It was the first time I have stayed in one and it was everything I could have hoped for.
Good luck to Christine and John as this is their 2nd season and I see a long future for them in this business.
Diane Goetzman, Florida

Room Tip: Pick one. but the room we were in is #4 upstairs with a balcony and I found out the sun rises at 4:0...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
York, Maine
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I went up to Bar Harbor last Monday to celebrate our anniversary. We had a gift certificate to the Ivy Manor Inn, which we had always admired. The owners were SO hospitable and great to work with. It was wonderful to have a fireplace right in our room and a private bathroom. We did not expect such a wonderful breakfast either. On every level, they exceeded our expectations. I will recommend the Ivy Manor Inn to anyone I know staying in Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 and were very happy. We also peaked in some other rooms and they looked really...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I love Ivy Manor Inn and I can't wait until our next trip back! The location of this B&B is perfect and the owners are fantastic! Our entire trip to Bar Harbor was relaxing and stress-free, thanks in part to Ivy Manor. Their breakfast and dinner were superb, and the martini bar was a special treat to look forward to after a long day out!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lincolnville, Maine
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Options in Bar Harbor are very limited during off season however our stay at Ivy Manor was high season quality. Appreciate the central Bar Harbor location and off street parking! Don't miss the shoreline walk

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends