We chose to stay at Ivy Manor because of the reviews on Tripadvisor. There are somethings that are very good about this B&B and some things were a disappointment. The location is perfect and is located right on Main St and walking distance to restaurants and shops. The owners, John and Christine are very friendly. We stayed two nights in a quiet king size room with a fireplace that had a porch with two chairs and a table. The bathroom was nice except there was no place to put things. We ended up putting our things outside the bathroom on a table. It might be helpful to have a shelf in the bathroom and that problem would be solved. We were told that breakfast was served only between 8-9am although the sign in the bedroom had longer times. Our first morning breakfast consisted of coffee and juice, a square of baked French toast and one sausage link. The next morning we had a caprese omlet, one slice of toast and one sliced strawberry. This seems very different from previous reviews. Compared to many B&B's we have stayed at, this was just okay. One thing that was a concern was that the wall lights were not on our entire stay on the stairs or hallway, day or night! There was only one table light on upstairs and was not enough to light the stairs or the hallway. We searched for the light switch but could only find a solid cover plate. This could be a problem trying to navigate down a flight of dark stairs especially at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Tudor style inn is located on Main Street in the lovely town of Bar Harbor, ME. Shopping is right outside our front door and the entrance to Acadia National Park is only two miles away. Whether you visit in the spring, summer or fall the flowers will be in bloom. All eight (9) rooms are uniquely designed with imported tiles from London and the classical decor gives each room an elegant warm feeling. Quaint outside balconies, fireplaces and all the amenities you expect adorn our rooms. We provide our guests with a full breakfast every morning in one of two dining rooms, or choose to dine outside on our patio. Pascone'st Ristorante is a casual Italian dining experience and is open daily to the public for dinner along with our cozy lounge. We look forward to serving you at the Ivy Manor Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ivy Manor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Ivy Manor Inn Bar Harbor, Maine