The innkeepers, John and Christine are extremely accommodating... anything you need or want, just ask and if it is possible they will find a way! We were a group of four with varying dietary needs. My aunt and uncle eat wheat but only eincorn (ancient form of wheat that's not hybridized) and I am allergic to nitrites/nitrates and can only eat organic, farm fresh eggs. I know, needy, right? Anyway... before booking with them I spoke with John and he said that Christine loves trying new dietary things and would enjoy helping us. We brought along a bag of eincorn and Christine amazed us each morning with specially made breakfasts for our group (on top of the regular breakfast she made for all of her other guests and the inn was full!) That alone was enough to have us all on the Ivy Manor Inn bandwagon. There is a restaurant, Michelle's, within the Inn. I think they are now serving lunch and dinner though we only ever made reservations for dinner. We had dinner there 3 nights and everything we our group ordered was perfection and delicious! They have a brilliant new chef that creates fantastic plates we had the pleasure enjoying. And they have gluten free options for each of the courses on the menu. They have a small but very nice wine list and if you ask, a reserve wine list... we enjoyed both! ;) The inn itself is very clean, well kept, calm (even with two resident children), comfortable and inviting. My husband said repeatedly that it reminded him of inn's in the UK because of the lounge (bar) and seating area. We would wake, enjoy a fabulous (perfectly portioned) breakfast, explore Bar Harbor then come back to freshen up and have a pre-dinner drink in the Lounge where we would find John. John was very entertaining - he's a great story teller and so pleasant... easy to enjoy and hour "lounging" with him!
Ivy Manor Innkeepers, Inn, Lounge & Restaurant = Perfection!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Tudor style inn is located on Main Street in the lovely town of Bar Harbor, ME. Shopping is right outside our front door and the entrance to Acadia National Park is only two miles away. Whether you visit in the spring, summer or fall the flowers will be in bloom. All eight (9) rooms are uniquely designed with imported tiles from London and the classical decor gives each room an elegant warm feeling. Quaint outside balconies, fireplaces and all the amenities you expect adorn our rooms. We provide our guests with a full breakfast every morning in one of two dining rooms, or choose to dine outside on our patio. Pascone'st Ristorante is a casual Italian dining experience and is open daily to the public for dinner along with our cozy lounge. We look forward to serving you at the Ivy Manor Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Ivy Manor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivy Manor Hotel Bar Harbor
- Ivy Manor Inn Bar Harbor, Maine