“Off season should equal quiet”

BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Neptune, New Jersey
“Off season should equal quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We trust Best Western to be clean and comfortable, with well-trained staff. This hotel is outside of town, and I expected a quiet night. Although the hotel wasn't crowded, they filled the room next to us, and noise from that room kept me awake most of the night. That group then left very early in the morning, so I lost most of a night's rest. That being said, we met some of the loveliest staff at this hotel, and they more than made up for the lack of sleep. The complimentary breakfast is served in a small restaurant on the grounds, and was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JaneK473, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am so happy that you were pleased with the staff and amenities. I am sorry, however, that you had a noisy neighbor who kept you from sleeping well. Whenever we become aware of such issues we deal with them immediately. Please stay with us again and give us another chance to give you a great nights sleep. Regards, Jane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Angleton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I arrived in Portland, Maine and drove a rental car up toward Bar Harbor. The plane arrived in the late afternoon and I knew I would be arriving after dark at the Best Western Acadia Park Inn.

I walked into the lobby sometime after 9PM, very tired and cramped from the 3-1/2 hour drive. The lobby was lit up and warm and the desk clerk was very friendly. My room was near the laundry building and a short walk to the building where the hotel hosts a free continental breakfast for its guests.

Aside from the flat-screen television, the décor of the room was a little dated but it was clean and inviting to a very tired traveler and provided all of the standard amenities (and then some) one expects from Best Western: soap, shampoo, lotion, coffee maker with coffee, sugar and creamer (real half & half!), a microwave, mini-fridge and even a small safe. I'm happy with just a clean room and my wants are few (except for the coffee part), so all these extras of half & half, a microwave and a mini-fridge were bonuses for me. Also provided in-room were maps and guides for the Bar Harbor and Mt. Desert Island area.

I only stayed one night at this hotel and checked out the next morning. Because I am a photographer and was ready to hit the road, I did not stay for their continental breakfast. Checkout was easy and the desk clerk (a different one from the previous night) was very friendly.

The hotel itself is a little less than 3 miles north of the Hulls Cove entrance to Acadia National Park, and a little less than 6 miles from the town of Bar Harbor. While there are a number of hotels, motels, and rental cabins between Ellsworth and Bar Harbor, I’d chosen the Best Western Acadia Park Inn because of all the other good reviews it had on Trip Advisor, and my choice was a good one.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaL2
I am pleased that you took the time to write such a fantastic review for our BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. To be referred to as a “nice clean and friendly place to stay” is awesome. It is nice to know that the "half & half", make-up remover wipes, etc. and other small amenities we place in the rooms are noticed and appreciated. Thank you for sharing a few pictures of your room with others on line. It sounds like you are one busy photographer. Because Acadia National Park is such a beautiful place and a photographers dream, you need to plan on staying at least a week with us next season! Thank you! Jane
AMHERST
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Met and exceeded our expectations. Clean spacious room; wi-fi was excellent; good maid service; friendly and helpful front desk; afternoon cookies was a nice touch plus the popcorn maker; excellent breakfast; the breakfast hostess, Carol, doubled as concierge - she made great recommendations to everyone in the breakfast room while maintaining the breakfast entrees. It was worth coming to Best Western just for Carol's suggestions on where to go and what to see. She was outstanding. By far, she was the best of any of the hotels we stayed at during our 2 week trip in the U.S. and Canada.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank JOHN A
How wonderful to hear such heartfelt comments on one's staff. Carole is indeed a gem and I thank you very much for saying so as well. I am happy that you enjoyed each person you came into contact with here at the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, from the front desk to the housekeepers. Our cookies and popcorn are huge hits with the afternoon/evening crowd. I am glad you were able to enjoy. For you to say that we met and exceeded your expectations makes our day! Thank you. Regards, Jane
Rotterdam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayer here for 2 nights during the govt shutdown. The people there were so nice and helpful: they gave us maps and showde us where we could walk into acadia national park. The room was clean and the breakfast staf was also very nice and helpful!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
We appreciate the great review and are happy that you enjoyed your stay in Bar Harbor. I hope you are able to return in 2014. Thank you very much.Jane
Ellington, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Rooms are okay for the price but nothing out standing. Breakfast is good. The weakest element is house keeping. In that area, Acadia inn would be much better hotel if you can get a good deal there. One of the room we got was full with lobster odour. After a long conversation with the hotel manager she took 50% off from my room rate. Breakfast was good. Front desk manager was very hardworking and she treid to resolve the odor problem, but there was no support from house keeping.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
JaneK473, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your positive comments about our complimentary breakfast and that our rates were in line with your expectations.
I am sorry that there was a problem with an odor in your room when you arrived. It seems it must have been a residual food odor that we had not completely eliminated. We did try to alleviate the situation by arranging for a move to a larger, upgraded room at no extra charge. I am sorry that you preferred not to move since I am sure that would have made your stay more enjoyable.
I do hope that you will consider staying with us again and allow us an opportunity to make it up to you.
Regards, Jane
Franklin, Tennessee, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We visited Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor this fall. We stayed three nights at this Best Western. Location is great for those visiting the park during the day and going into Bar Harbor at night. Room was comfortable, breakfast was good (although the serving area is small). The staff there is very knowledgeable about the area and willing to share information. We would gladly stay here again if we were vacationing in Maine.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. I am delighted that you were able to spend three nights with us and that you enjoyed your stay. Our breakfast room will be undergoing some incredible changes this winter. You will have to stay with us again in 2014 and enjoy the larger space that will be available. Regards, Jane
north andover
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable with cable tv, frig.,and safe. I enjoyed the comp. coffee that is available all day in the lobby and cookies at 3:00PM. Internet is also there for your use. The breakfast buffet is great and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
acadiajane, Manager at BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a lovely review for us here at the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you are able to stay with us again. Regards, Jane