Best Western Acadia Park Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$131
Bar Harbor Villager Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$162
Belle Isle Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$68
Bar Harbor Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$162
Robbins Motel(Bar Harbor)
US$47
West Street Hotel(Bar Harbor)
US$245
Hotwire.com
Eden Village Motel and Cottages(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$86
Agoda.com
The Colony on Frenchman's Bay(Hulls Cove)(Great Value!)
US$104
Travelocity
  • Pool
1,376 results
All reviewscookiesbest westernsbreakfast roomacadia parkmake your own wafflesseparate buildingfront desk staffgreat place to stayfree breakfastbreakfast stafflaundry facilitiesyogurtvisitor centerexcellent breakfastwould definitely stay here againquiet locationcomfortable beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I highly recommend this facility. The staff is very guest-oriented. The complimentary breakfast is really very good. The main breakfast items vary on a daily basis. The hotel is in a very quiet and attractive location. It is away from the hustle of Bar Harbor itself; but still a relatively short ride to town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank dominicmb
acadiajane, General Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

There is not much better a review than to be referred to as "home away from home." Thank you for the great recommendation of the BEST WESTERN Acadia Park Inn! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be quiet and welcoming. Please stay with us again! Regards, Jane

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We enjoyed our night at this hotel. The staff were so friendly, the room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and the hotel even had an entertainer for an hour on the night we were there; The location of the hotel is very convenient to restaurants and Acadia national park. It was expensive but on par for hotels in this area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room away from ice and vending machines.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
acadiajane, General Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Adrienne
Thank you very much for this awesome review. I was so pleased that you joined us for the Lee Southard Hour Thursday night. He is quite the one man show! I am happy that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and our location to be good. We are 4 /2 miles from downtown and 2 miles to the Acadia National Park Entrance and Visitor's Center. Please come back again! Regards, Jane

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I'm 12 years old and I thought this was a nice family friendly place. It's basically a motel with a lobby, free cookies, complimentary breakfast, a heated pool, free wifi and events sometimes. I loved it because it was really close to the mini golf course and kind if close to bar harbor, and who doesn't like FREE cookies, wifi, coffee, and a heated pool? I didn't really care, but my parents seemed to love how close it is to Acadia park. Of course, no hotel is perfect. My least favorite parts were the wretched toilet that flushes like a toilet on the plane (don't know if it was just my room), the walls that seem to have something wrong with them, maybe they're thin or poorly insolated, cause I could hear just about everything my neighbors said and they could hear me, and the very most horrid part was the arachnids. It's CRAWLING with daddy-long-legs! They're outside, but I still hated it. They're on the walls and the ceilings of the little area outside your room and they run I when you open the door, crawl in the ground, one almost dropped on my head! No matter how harmless they are, I hate them. The place is seriously infested and they actually do have a guy who comes to kill them, but he only comes twice a year and there's still a bunch left afterwards. However, all these problems are things I can live with, so I give it an overall 4 star.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear 12 year old Guest,Thank you very much for this delightful review of our property. Yes, there is the time of year when the Harvestmen pay us a visit. As you said, they are strictly outside and could not care less about people. Personally I am not a fan of spiders but these fellows don’t fall into that category for me. The only thing that worries me is the old wives tale that if you kill one it will bring rain! That may be just something told here in Maine, I am not sure. Anyway, the good news is that they don’t stay long. Also, we do have pest control come every month (just last week, incidentally) and spray for any kind of critter that might come out of the Maine woods except deer, bear, moose, well…you know what I mean. I am not sure about the toilet flushing like on a plane but that does not sound good at all. I will have Kevin take a look at that for sure. I am happy that you enjoyed the cookies and I do hope you were here for popcorn, too! It smells like a movie theater in the lobby around 6 p.m. It sounds like you played some mini-golf, did some swimming in our heated pool, and enjoyed the free fresh baked cookies and enjoyed the breakfast ! I agree, what is not to like about that, huh? (smile) I thank you very much for the 4 star rating and we do hope you come back to see us again!!!! Best wishes to you and the family, Jane

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed two nights at this Best Western Acadia Inn and would highly recommend it!
When we first checked in, the staff at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Our first room that we were given, however, was very dated and had a distinct bad odour. We called up the front desk and told them about the smell of our room and right away we were given another room, no questions asked and hassle free. This second room ( which was our room for our two night stay) was great! Updated, clean, spacious, and had everything we needed! And to top it off, we were right in front of the public pool!
The continental breakfast was great with lots of options to choose from and was different both days. The location is great because it is close to downtown Bar Harbour, yet not in the middle of the crazy busy streets!
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Lauralynn87

Dear Lauralynn
Thank you very much for the recommendation. I apologize for the bad odor that you encountered in the first room. We deduced that it may have been from an ice cooler that leaked water into the carpet due to the spot that we found to be very damp. After a good drying out it had been eliminated. I appreciate your bringing it to our attention so we could deal with that. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay, the pool and breakfast. That is what it is all about. We think our location is super and I am happy that you agree. Please do come back and see us again! You may also request that second room! Best wishes, Jane

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We chose the Inn based on Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. When we opened the door to our room - we noticed immediately the rooms looked newly renovated and very clean. Not a speck of dirt or dust anywhere - and the walls looked freshly painted.
Our room was large with plenty of room around the 2 queen beds and space to put our suit cases. There is a table with 2 chairs in front of the windows as you come in the door. There is also a bureau with TV on top, and a frig with a microwave on top in the room. The sink area is separate from the bed area - with a tile floor and rack to hang your clothes. The bathroom (a separate room with a door) is off the sink area. The shower was nice in that it had an adjustable shower head with nice water pressure. And lots of fresh, soft towels. The beds were very comfortable with a choice of soft and firm pillows. We slept well each night.
The breakfast room was new this year. The breakfast was great - hot food, fresh waffles, cold cereal, fruit, yogurt, lots of different breads and muffins - something for everyone. And Carole - the breakfast hostess was very nice and kept everything stocked and was helpful with anything needed.
When I arrived to check in - the ladies at the front desk were awesome - April was very helpful with information about the area and great recommendations of places to eat in Bar Harbor. Really appreciated all her help and info!
We were sad to leave as we had so much fun in Bar Harbor!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are quieter. This is a one story hotel - all rooms are outside access and you can park your car in front of your room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ksmom22
acadiajane, General Manager at Best Western Acadia Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

I am very happy that you saw our reviews on Trip Advisor and chose us to be your choice of lodging . Thank you for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms. That is something we take great pride in, and yes, we do upgrades every single winter. This year we are installing the rest of the granite sink tops and custom vanities. April is new this season and has been just great as a front desk clerk. I am happy she was able to assist you with so many things. Carole is a book of knowledge of this area and such a pleasant person. Thank you for complimenting them both. I am happy you liked our breakfast and we all look forward to seeing you again! Thank you! Regards, Jane