“I need to visit Maine again and I'll definitely be staying here!”
Review of Acadia Inn

Acadia Inn
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed in Bar Harbor for 2 days during my vacation in Maine. Due to the weather, I'm going to need to go back and see Acadia like its meant to be seen. I lucked out fiding the Acadia Inn. The front desk staff was friendly as were several other members of the hotel staff. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean, the room was clean, and even the bath tub was clean! They have a great continental breakfast, which is included in the price of your stay. They are located right near Acadia National Park and downtown Bar Harbor (eat at Geddy's!) Even after I left, I contacted the staff since I had forgotten to submit my AAA card for a member discount. I faxed over my card, they applied the discount and credited my card. Stay at he Acadia Inn and I promise that you'll get a great place at a great price! Oh! And they have hot coffee, regular and decaf, available all day/all night long!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Acadia Inn

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I always stay at the Acadia Inn when in Bar Harbor. The people are very nice, the rooms are comfortable and the Breakfast is much better than most places I have stayed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Great stay, great staff, continental breakfast is Superb, room was clean and good Cable tv.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights at this motel and were overly impressed. We got a package which was supposed to include a dinner at the Bar Harbor Inn and a tour on the Margaret Todd boat. The Margaret Todd was not running yet so instead they gave us 2 free dinners. Such an awesome deal!! The staff was so friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. The breakfast saved us from having to go spend a lot of money at a restaurant.
We are already planning to return next year.
GREAT JOB ACADIA INN!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mainegurl74
acadia98, General Manager at Acadia Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2011

Thank you for a great review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Your mention of our friendly an helpful staff is so important in the early months of our season. I hope to see you next spring!

Reviewed 8 May 2011

Friendly Staff. Nice quaint hotel. The hotel, especially the rooms need updating. Rooms are not modern. Bathrooms are in serious need of updating. Our bathroom was pink. Showever pressure was excellent though! Breakfast did not have a lot of selection, but there is enough to eat. Good Location, Good Value, but hotel does not have many amenities. Shampoo and soaps are dispensed in liquad form from a wall container. no mini bottles. Towels are on the smaller side and not plush. Again, good value and location but if you are looking for something luxurious you are going to be disappointed here.
Pool is only open in season. There don't really have a buisness center its a desk with a computer. Hi Speed Internet is not so great. we had to use an antenna we have with our netbook to get faster speed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexis K

Thank you for taking the time to review the Acadia Inn on tripadvisor.com. It is reviews such as yours, that prompts us to begin upgrades in certain areas of the hotel. Just this past winter we invested in upgrading all rooms with brand new 32" flat screen televisions, new draperies, bed skirts and throws as well as switch our bedding over to a triple sheeted bed. Our bathroom counters are indeed pink, but still in very good shape as many other reviews have mentioned. We strive to be a comfortable, friendly, clean hotel with just enough amenities to keep the cost affordable in a very high end seasonal area. Our guest computer is just that a computer that allows guests who do not travel with their laptop a chance to check their email. Should you require printing or faxing services our front desk staff would be happy to help at anytime. We do provide mini bottles of shampoo upon request, however in order to be more earth friendly the dispensers are placed in the rooms to save on the plastic packaging. Again thank you for your review, we consider trip advisor to be a valuable tool when gauging the service we offer our guests.

Reviewed 15 December 2010

We loved this place. It was perfectly situated between the town and the park centre, with easy parking. The pool was only used by one other couple and was nicely tucked away in the back of the hotel with the trees. We didn't have our kids with us, but noticed there was a nice playground too. Would be a great place for kids. The breakfast was good - hot and cold and lots of food and healthy choices. Everything was super clean and the rooms were quite nice. We took refuge here from the Quimby Inn, which was a dump. We stayed at the Quimby one night and went looking for another place at the crack of dawn. Luckily, there was room at the Acadian - very pleasant staff and accom - saved our trip to this wonderful park!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy_Louer
Reviewed 26 October 2010

My wife and I stayed here over the summer and enjoyed their three night package, which included dinner in the Reading Room, a Lobster Bake, and either a ride on the Margaret Todd or a guided tour of Acaida National Park. Hands down, this was a great deal. The meals were fantastic, the guided tour was phenomenal and the hotel was great. We would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple