“wonderful family hotel - clean, spacious, convenient”
Review of Acadia Inn

Acadia Inn
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Bar Harbor
willoughby, oh
“wonderful family hotel - clean, spacious, convenient”
Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed with our teenaged daughters for four nights. The breakfast was good, the rooms were large, the property was well kept, the beds were comfortable. The only advice - bring your own shampoo and conditioner because the shampoo and soap are in a dispenser in the shower - no conditioner available. Also, the towels are thin but adequate. This hotel is a free shuttle stop for downtown Bar Harbor (less than a mile away) or to Acadia National Park (about a mile). We loved our Maine vacation and would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay here again ourselves.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank peony99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We stayed here with our 3 year old, and it was great. The room was a good price, the breakfast good, and the location fine. We didn't drive our car at all until we left because the shuttle was so convenient. Our daughter loved the pool and the small playground and the breakfast. They sell stamps and you can mail postcards from the lobby. We loved it!

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room. We stayed on the 2nd floor, and we think a heard of elephants were stayin...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gohigher
Wakefield, ma
Reviewed 1 July 2011

The hotel staff was friendly, the room was clean. My car broke down and they went above and beyond to help me.

I will definitely return.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The Acadia Inn is a nice, CLEAN, quiet hotel with a generous breakfast and accommodating staff. They have a pool and hot tub and it is a short walk into Bar Harbor. Their rates are very reasonable. Should you wish to stay in town (Bar Harbor) I would recommend the Bar Harbor Inn, as we have stayed there many times as well and ti is nice to wake up to see and hear the ocean. The food served at the Bar Harbor Inn is also good. I would highly recommend both places when you visit Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank shnot
acadia98, General Manager at Acadia Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2011
Ms.Hnot,
Thank you so much for you excellent review. We truly enjoy seeing your familiar face every year!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed in Bar Harbor for 2 days during my vacation in Maine. Due to the weather, I'm going to need to go back and see Acadia like its meant to be seen. I lucked out fiding the Acadia Inn. The front desk staff was friendly as were several other members of the hotel staff. The bed was comfortable, the hotel was clean, the room was clean, and even the bath tub was clean! They have a great continental breakfast, which is included in the price of your stay. They are located right near Acadia National Park and downtown Bar Harbor (eat at Geddy's!) Even after I left, I contacted the staff since I had forgotten to submit my AAA card for a member discount. I faxed over my card, they applied the discount and credited my card. Stay at he Acadia Inn and I promise that you'll get a great place at a great price! Oh! And they have hot coffee, regular and decaf, available all day/all night long!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Randolph
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I always stay at the Acadia Inn when in Bar Harbor. The people are very nice, the rooms are comfortable and the Breakfast is much better than most places I have stayed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Great stay, great staff, continental breakfast is Superb, room was clean and good Cable tv.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business