“Acadia Suites: A Wonderful Retreat”
Review of Acadia Suites

Acadia Suites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bar Harbor
Acadia Suites
“Acadia Suites: A Wonderful Retreat”
Reviewed 10 March 2004

I have vacationed in Maine each autumn for the last three years. The first year I stayed in a standard motel room. The second year I was taking my adult daughter along on the trip so I needed a larger place with two bedrooms --one for her and one for my husband and I. I came across the website for Acadia Suites on the Internet and thought the rooms looked nice. This was the first time I booked a place that was privately owned (not a chain motel). I was not disappointed. In fact, I was most pleasantly surprised at how nice the rooms are at Acadia Suites. The two bedroom suite is a full apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen, bathroom, living room (with gas fireplace), dining area, two nice size bedrooms and a lovely deck (surrounded by trees) with chairs and a grill. The rooms are extremely clean and bright. The owners live on the premises and really take pride in the place. The grounds are lovely--like a little forest retreat. You would never guess that you are just a very short walk (about 10 minutes) fron the hustle-bustle of downtown Bar Harbor. I have also stayed in the one bedroom suite (this year, in Oct. 2003). Again, it is very clean and well decorated. I feel like I am at home while staying there. The kitchen has all the conveniences of home--right down to a dishwasher, baking utensils,blender,coffeemaker, full set of dishes and glassware etc.etc.
Of course, if you want to go out to dinner you can walk to all the restaurants in town--or down to the bay to watch the ships in the harbor. Or you can get up early and eat breakfast in your own little suite before heading off into Acadia National Park which is practically at your back door. It is easy to stock the refrigerator with groceries from the little supermarket in town--which has very reasonable prices for being in a resort town like Bar Harbor. The one bedroom suite has a patio with sliding doors that open out to tall trees, chairs and a barbecue grill. The air outside smells like heaven--so clean and fresh I always wish I could bottle it and take some home with me. If you love nature, Acadia National Park should be on your list of most important places to visit. Go in the fall when the crowds have subsided and you can have the place almost to yourself. You will not regret this trip.
We drive ten hours from Philadelphia and we think it is really worth the time and effort it takes to get there. Staying at Acadia Suites makes our visit extremely pleasant. We couldn't feel more at home or relaxed than when we stay there. It is a place you will want to return to over and over again.

• Stayed September 2004
17 Thank Carol

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)